Music What Is The Best Approach To Music?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sep 6, 2014
Hi guys
our team has only been competing for a couple of years, in the past we have made our own cheer music and choreographed after, this year we would like to get a professional mix but not sure if we should choreograph first or choose a mix and then choreograph our routine. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

I think that choreographing to a mix is kind of an easy way out. A good mixer can work with any choreography, and you should make your routine as innovative as possible without worrying about music.

Choreographing to music is a million times more difficult. As a choreographer and a coach, I prefer to choreograph and then have my producer make the music from my 8-count sheets/videos. I hate being bound by the music changes/SFX, sections, etc. that a pre-made mix already has.

Hi guys
our team has only been competing for a couple of years, in the past we have made our own cheer music and choreographed after, this year we would like to get a professional mix but not sure if we should choreograph first or choose a mix and then choreograph our routine. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...
Each Coach has their own way. Some have an idea in their head (so they want the music to match), others will create a routine with the music that they have, or get. We do music for both. There are Coaches that will order and say "do your thing, we will choreograph around the music", to other teams that order with 8 count sheets. We even have other teams that download our premade mixes and request voice overs to be placed in certain sections. It is all in the coaches comfort zone. Either way is fine :)

check out C&D they have a great product and reasonably priced! From what I heard they also negotiate within reason, and you'll get awesome vocalz from us included in your price!!!

Here's there website and some mixes they've done: C&D

Back