What level rules need to be fixed or clarified?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

for us, my daughter is excited about moving up to level 4. Level 3 tumbling became boring for her( except seeing how high she can do her tuck pass)lol.. even now she has all level 4 and the season hasnt started and is occasionally landing her twist.. I'd like her to slow down since she is only 13..

Level two pyramids-

Prep level one leg, connect, press to extended one leg with a brace is illegal and should not be IMO

Also, extended two leg, connect, pull out one foot to make an extended one leg braced on one side is also illegal and should not be IMO

Is it "intensive purposes" or "intents and purposes"???

I think Senior Open 5 should only be able to do running tumbling to fulls since it was supposed to be a level between 4 and 5 not a level that you throw your coed boys on to do toe fulls!

I am starting to see youth teams doing switch ups and fullups, I have seen mini 3 do trick baskets (albeit scarily). If there is the ability to do a skill in a division it is always in the back of a coaches mind that we need to be doing this skill to be competitive.

A goal of this sport is to keep kids in it as long as possible (from 5 to 18). If a child at 9 is already able to compete as much as they can and possible to succeed as much as they can then what is there left to look forward to at 18? It is one of the reasons Tara Lipinski(sp) left skating. At 14 she had the gold medal and knew there wasn't any place left for her to go. Its why worlds should just be for seniors. There needs to be something to always look forward to as you get older.

While I understand what you are saying King, I'm not sure I agree completely. My daughter has been level 5 since she was 8 years old. She is now 12. She has yet to max out what she is capable of learning and I don't see that happening anytime soon. Stunts and tumbling both there is soooo much more she can learn to be the best she can be. On the other hand, my 10 year old has moved up the levels very slowly and has become extremely bored with cheerleading because of it. She was level 2 for three years even though she had level 3 skills. Then level 3 for a year having level 4 skills. And she had already decided that if she didn't get to move on to level 4 this year she didn't want to cheer again because she was bored. I've never heard my level 5 CP say she was bored. With that said, I do agree that Worlds should be left for seniors.

Level two pyramids-

Prep level one leg, connect, press to extended one leg with a brace is illegal and should not be IMO

Also, extended two leg, connect, pull out one foot to make an extended one leg braced on one side is also illegal and should not be IMO

Is it "intensive purposes" or "intents and purposes"???

Wait, I thought they changed the rules for level 2 where you CAN do extended one legged stunts and only be braced on one side as long as it was hand-arm connection?? Or am I misunderstanding what you posted??

Level two pyramids-

Also, extended tw

Wait, I thought they changed the rules for level 2 where you CAN do extended one legged stunts and only be braced on one side as long as it was hand-arm connection?? Or am I misunderstanding what you posted??[/QUOTE]

You can do extended single leg stunts with only one brace, BUT the connection must be made prior to executing the one leg stunt (ie no doing a LEGAL prep level one leg then connecting and pressing up to a LEGAL extended braced one leg) and the connection must be made at or below prep level (ie no doing a LEGAL extended two leg stunt making a connection to a prep and executing a LEGAL extended one leg with a brace). Does that make better sense??

I think level 3 tumbling needs to be revisited because going to level 4 is such a jump. You add standing tucks, bhs tucks, bhs layouts, and combo running passes into layouts. Especially since you can't really do any combos into tucks in level 3 other than front handsprings or a stepout through to tuck.

I also think level 2 teams should be able to do toe touch baskets only. Doing straight rides for 9 months to me is a very slow progression.

I COMPLETELY agree with this!!! Even Pike baskets should be allowed too

NEW ISSUE:

in level 5 you can have 2 bases and 1 flyer and do an arabesque double down. HOWEVER, you cannot have 2 bases and 1 flyer and do a prep straight cradle... that needs to be changed... something about the number of ppl on 1 foot?

Umm, coed grips and the legality of them are silly. The names, sure, I understand why we call it a backspot and has to grip an ankle. But watch ANY college squad (or level 6) that assists and catches stunts and they will have 4 hands on the feet. Why? Because it makes the most sense.

Definitely true about coed grips. Using the most effective and SAFEST grip should be allowed. And not being able to cradle from an unbackspotted prep is stupid.

An arabesque double is legal with 1 base and 1 spot, but not with 2 bases and no spot. What it comes down to is you need 1 more catcher than base. Elevators have 2 bases so they need 3 catchers.

NEW ISSUE:

in level 5 you can have 2 bases and 1 flyer and do an arabesque double down. HOWEVER, you cannot have 2 bases and 1 flyer and do a prep straight cradle... that needs to be changed... something about the number of ppl on 1 foot?

An arabesque double is legal with 1 base and 1 spot, but not with 2 bases and no spot. What it comes down to is you need 1 more catcher than base. Elevators have 2 bases so they need 3 catchers.

There r many teams who had 2 bases under an arebesque and doubled down wihtout a 3rd catcher. i believe it is because the number of people on a foot.

If there were only 2 people under an arabesque double one was counted as a base and one as a spot.

LEVEL 5 DISMOUNTS
A. Cradles from single based stunts must have a separate spotter with at least one hand/arm supporting the head and shoulder area through the cradle.
B. Cradles from multi-based stunts must have two catchers and a separate spotter with at least one hand/arm supporting the head and shoulder area through the cradle.

Back