What level rules need to be fixed or clarified?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

They definitely need to change/clarify the release move in level that was discussed. I would make it at least 2 feet so it is MUCH clearer. They also need to chage rule D under stunts for level 1. It is ridiculous. It needs to read at least TWO bases need to remain in contact during a transition to allow for preps to go to prep level libs in pyramids, etc. Release moves in level 3 pyramids need to be upgraded IMO. I think Sr Open Level 5 needs many changes. No standing fulls, no one to fulls, no arabians, no rebound tumbling (full punch full, full punch front throught o full, etc.). Large needs to be 30. Large coed needs to be 5-15. I can go ON and ON and ON and ON. lol. That is just the stuff I can think of off the top of my head. Although while I am judging (legalities) I usually catch other things that annoy me as well. lol

I have been saying something similar to this since last summer when this division was announced. Started a whole thread about it a while ago!

I think there needs to be a limit on how high back spots hands can go on flyers legs in level 2 stunts I feel like any flyer could sit and the stunt could be saved

I think there needs to be a limit on how high back spots hands can go on flyers legs in level 2 stunts I feel like any flyer could sit and the stunt could be saved

YES! Honestly, I did it as a level two back because it's what makes sense (Do your best to keep the stunt up, get high scores, no deductions, place high/win) But when I moved up to level 3, most of the flyers that were on that team had trouble starting out with extended stunts!

i think level 3 rules need to be changed a little, and allow a little more freedom.
with tumbling, i think in level 3 you should be able to do standing handsprings to a tuck. in every other level you can do the running skill from a stand, except for level 3 (ex: level 5 handsprings to full/double, level 4 handsprings to layout..). I also dont get why in level 4 you can do standings to a tuck, and to a layout but you cant do it in level 3... also i think front tuck stepouts into tumbling should be allowed as well.
I definetly agree with what the other posters said about changing the rules for release moves as well.

Ok I think I know why it might be considered legal but want to know what others think. And if this was legal this season, does this need to be a clarification either way (I don't think it should be legal but if it is I bet we will see lots of people trying it next season).

Ahhh, I see it indiglow. They are double braced but on the same arm, making the illusion that it's a single braced flip. That rule definitely needs some clarification one way or the other. I really don't have a preference of whether it remains legal or not, but I think our rules should clarify what double braced means.

Ahhh, I see it indiglow. They are double braced but on the same arm, making the illusion that it's a single braced flip. That rule definitely needs some clarification one way or the other. I really don't have a preference of whether it remains legal or not, but I think our rules should clarify what double braced means.

Double braced just means two people touching it. So you can do it on one side. In level 3 they are pretty explicit about having to use both arms.

Just want to thank ACEDAD for the help in assisting with the credentialing issues! Going to get updated and improved tests. THANKS AGAIN ACE DAD!!!

Double braced just means two people touching it. So you can do it on one side. In level 3 they are pretty explicit about having to use both arms.

I am usually one of those "find the gray areas and exploit it" type people when it comes to choreography and routines. It does make sense for this to be legal in level 4...but if we are teaching progressions, then maybe the rule for 3 should be 2 arms...4 should be 2 DIFFERENT appendages (and hair doesn't count - learned that at NCA Nationals 2008)...and 1 appendage for level 5. Just an idea.

But do you think when they made the rules to say "double braced" that they intended for that to be a bracer on EACH side of the flipper and then people who are really good at finding the gray areas took it and turned it into double braced on one side of the flipper??? Or was it intended to be just as it is? I just always thought double braced was meant to be a bracer on each side.

Back