OT What Makes You Angry?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Oh and also, reading someone else's post reminded me of one.
I absolutely hate it when people use apostrophies to show that somethings plural. Again, just me being ocd.

As the mom of a cheerleader, I hate it when other moms judge me for encouraging and supporting my daughter in cheer. I get so sick of hearing from other moms how dangerous it is or how they wouldn't let their daughters run around in short skirts cheering for boys. I get soooo ticked! My feeling is that if they don't know what they're talking about, they should just keep their mouths shut. I just smile and name all the positive things that cheer provides for my daughter: self esteem, confidence, physical fitness, learning how to work with a team, etc., but inside, I'm seething.

i despise when i'm working on a new skill and my mom belittles it and makes it seem easy.
ex: for sum strange reason i was able to get my running full and two full but still could not land a standing tuck to save my life. my mom would always complain about how i'm wasting her money because i'm not trying hard enough. she would always say "all you do is flip over with your knees bent. are you not talented enough to do something so simple?". ugh it is not that simple! since she thinks it's so easy, i'd like her to try it.

As the mom of a cheerleader, I hate it when other moms judge me for encouraging and supporting my daughter in cheer. I get so sick of hearing from other moms how dangerous it is or how they wouldn't let their daughters run around in short skirts cheering for boys. I get soooo ticked! My feeling is that if they don't know what they're talking about, they should just keep their mouths shut. I just smile and name all the positive things that cheer provides for my daughter: self esteem, confidence, physical fitness, learning how to work with a team, etc., but inside, I'm seething.

Alexandria, you just keep doing what you are doing. It sounds like you are a wonderful, supportive and encouraging parent and there is absolutely nothing wrong with supporting what your daughter loves. I will stand in your corner anytime...if no one has said it let me be the first! Great Job MOM :)

Stupid people, girls that act stupid to seem cute, peoPle who make people feel bad about themselves just to feel good about themselves, guys who say cheer is just a bunch if girls wanting to be (please forgive my language, this is what they say to me) sluts and whores, people that ask questions that the teacher JUST explained.. I could go on and on :p

Back