High School What Should I Wear To Tryouts?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 6, 2012
I understand the basics like spanx soffe shorts etc. I'm looking for more specific answers. I want to show off how skinny I am (hoping they'll see a good flyer in me. I fly a little bit on the All-Star team I'm on) without exposing too much. I was thinking of wearing a sports bra without a top, but I don't want to get in trouble either.

Thanks all! :)

Don't make them focus on how skinny you are...if you make the team then that will be your time to prove your skill as a flyer. Wear something athletic, but cute. Soffees and a t-shirt with a high pony and a big bow will be perfect. Most schools don't allow sports bras during school practices so I'd take the safe route and wear a tank or a t-shirt.

Don't make them focus on how skinny you are...if you make the team then that will be your time to prove your skill as a flyer. Wear something athletic, but cute. Soffees and a t-shirt with a high pony and a big bow will be perfect. Most schools don't allow sports bras during school practices so I'd take the safe route and wear a tank or a t-shirt.

Well yes of course, but they aren't going to pick someone really big as a flyer.

Do they not tell you? I've always been told what to wear! Probably black soffes or some kind of shorts and either a t shirt in your school color or a tank top in your school color. Simple is always good, rather than a shirt with a bunch of words. An athletic tank like this is always good, tight enough to not get in the way but loose enough to not be obscene... but don't focus so much on showing off that you're skinny. You don't want to look like you're trying too hard on that instead of skills.
2095270-3-MULTIVIEW.jpg

This is so untrue it's not even funny. My top was 130 lbs of solid muscle and was the best flyer around. I would rather lift her every day then an 80 lb flyer that bails and can't do all the required skills.

First of all, I never said that being small automatically means you're a good flyer. Secondly, 130 is not very big, especially if she's "solid muscle".

First of all, I never said that being small automatically means you're a good flyer. Secondly, 130 is not very big, especially if she's "solid muscle".
I mean I weighed less than my flyer... I'm not saying 130 is big but it's not like she was the smallest girl around and to this day I wouldn't trade her for any other top ever.

Do they not tell you? I've always been told what to wear! Probably black soffes or some kind of shorts and either a t shirt in your school color or a tank top in your school color. Simple is always good, rather than a shirt with a bunch of words. An athletic tank like this is always good, tight enough to not get in the way but loose enough to not be obscene... but don't focus so much on showing off that you're skinny. You don't want to look like you're trying too hard on that instead of skills.
2095270-3-MULTIVIEW.jpg

Thanks for specifics! & Yeah, and I'm not going to dwell on my size. I was just thinking "got it flaunt it" you know?

I mean I weighed less than my flyer... I'm not saying 130 is big but it's not like she was the smallest girl around and to this day I wouldn't trade her for any other top ever.

I weighed more than one of my bases. Probably only about 5 lbs more than her though. Then again, I never said that you have to be skinny to be a good flyer, I just mean there's a limit for everything. & If I got it I might as well flaunt it.

Alright let's have some 5'1 90 lbs bases and backspot lift someone who is 5'9 and 160lbs...
It was supposed to be a play on words with that Panthers voice over, incase you didn't catch it. But seriously, any one can fly as long as they know how to pull up and stay tight they won't feel like 160 lbs...

I understand the basics like spanx soffe shorts etc. I'm looking for more specific answers. I want to show off how skinny I am (hoping they'll see a good flyer in me. I fly a little bit on the All-Star team I'm on) without exposing too much. I was thinking of wearing a sports bra without a top, but I don't want to get in trouble either.

Thanks all! :)

Flying is not about being skinny. Please stay healthy=) Put your hair in a neat pony tail. Just look clean. I think a colored t-shirt with a white bow and white shorts would look nice. Chin up, smile and don't watch other people if you forget something.

Back