High School What Should I Wear To Tryouts?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

When I did high school cheer, every year for tryouts we could wear whatever cheer clothes we wanted to the clinic days where we would learn the dance, cheer, practice stunts, etc. The actual tryout day EVERYONE had to wear either black soffees or track shorts with a white t-shirt or tanktop and cheer shoes with a bow. Our school DOES NOT allow us to practice in only sports bras (got yelled at for running in only sports bras when it was the XC team but that's a different story :rolleyes:). Our camp wear included a matching sports bra to one of our outfits (was orange last year and black my Freshman year) but we could only wear it as just the shorts and sports bra at our car wash fundraiser.

For high school, some freshman do basketball cheer and would wear whatever shirt they had. while trying out for JV. The returning JV girls and Varsity would wear our jerseys with black soffees and a plain bow with a high pony or low braided one which what we do for games. We are not allowed to wear sports bras and I think most high schools wouldn't allow that so covering up would be the best option!

here is the jersey (but wear with soffes and hair up) and the blue shirt the other girl is wearing is actually the one I wore when trying out for JV so a tshirt as simple as that with team colors should be good!
59281_158078107540444_6618725_n.jpg

Pardon the old picture.. lol

Good luck!

Thanks! Yeah you're probably right.

When I did high school cheer, every year for tryouts we could wear whatever cheer clothes we wanted to the clinic days where we would learn the dance, cheer, practice stunts, etc. The actual tryout day EVERYONE had to wear either black soffees or track shorts with a white t-shirt or tanktop and cheer shoes with a bow. Our school DOES NOT allow us to practice in only sports bras (got yelled at for running in only sports bras when it was the XC team but that's a different story :rolleyes:). Our camp wear included a matching sports bra to one of our outfits (was orange last year and black my Freshman year) but we could only wear it as just the shorts and sports bra at our car wash fundraiser.

I see Cross Country girls wear only sports bras but that's a different story since they are in the heat. =/ You're probably right I should just go with a t-shirt lol.

Back