All-Star What Skills Arent Hard Enough For The Level They Legally Become Available In?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

King

Is all about that bass
Staff member
FBOD:LLFB
Dec 4, 2009
I have a question about skills and difficulty.

What skills become available in a new level that weren't available in the previous level that are rarely / never competed because they just are not considered difficult?

I cannot think of any good examples, so I am hoping others can!

What I mean is: In level 4 you can finally do 'true' switch ups from the ground because you cannot do them legally in level 3. Are there skills in any level that suddenly become available because of the rules that no one ever performs because it is considered not to have any true worth?

Thanks for the help!

You can perform a front handspring in level 2 but not level 1. But I haven't seen a front handspring all season in a level 2 routine at any of the comps we go to.

You don't see a ton of aerials (I think they are L4.) Or it could be me personally just not seeing the right teams.

Sassycats has them in standing tumbling this season and I love them.

I am a little off topic. These passes are hard and have worth, but not used often. I don't see many standing layouts, standing layout step outs, X outs, or front aerials. I only tend to see bounce back passes when they incorporate doubles on level 5. I saw one girl on a level 4 for a D2 gym do round off back handspring whip whip layout step out. She is the only girl I have caught utilizing that pass on a level 4.

Last edited:
Unpopular opinion here but i think overall the skill in each level are plenty hard enough, and don't look forward to making the current levels any harder for these athletes. As coaches and judges we ask them to do a lot in a jam packed routine as is.

Unpopular opinion here but i think overall the skill in each level are plenty hard enough, and don't look forward to making the current levels any harder for these athletes. As coaches and judges we ask them to do a lot in a jam packed routine as is.
But they shouldn't of been downgraded for next year.....

Except the varsity scoresheet has greatly dumbed down routines because of the new majority ratios.

Except the varsity scoresheet has greatly dumbed down routines because of the new majority ratios.
For the most of the cases I have only seen the new ratios are being used is for tosses and jumps the remaining sections such as stunts and tumbling were left virtually untouched IMO.

For the most of the cases I have only seen the new ratios are being used is for tosses and jumps the remaining sections such as stunts and tumbling were left virtually untouched IMO.
Interesting. I've seen quite the opposite. It was particularly noticeable in the arena at NCA. A minimum of 4 athletes (often 6) standing behind stunts with two others tumbling and these teams placed well. It will be interesting to see what these teams do for worlds.

Interesting. I've seen quite the opposite. It was particularly noticeable in the arena at NCA. A minimum of 4 athletes (often 6) standing behind stunts with two others tumbling and these teams placed well. It will be interesting to see what these teams do for worlds.
Agreed. And it wasn't just that they placed well, they often had higher stunt difficulty and quantity scores than teams that maxed out number of stunts. Only needing 4 stunts to max out difficulty on a team of 22 is definitely different than past years.

Back