Music What Songs Should I Include In My Teams Mix?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 17, 2011
I am assistant coaching this year (cant cheer because im pregnant next best thing is to coach) what songs should I include..... It can be up to 6 different songs. The team I am coaching is ages 8-9-10-11

Wow!! Have you heard the new Nicole Scherzinger Album? The Deal.... but not not sure if it's appropriate for what the coach wants...

I am assistant coaching this year (cant cheer because im pregnant next best thing is to coach) what songs should I include..... It can be up to 6 different songs. The team I am coaching is ages 8-9-10-11

When picking songs for a routine... I like to ask the coach and myself, based on my knowledge of the team...

1. What kind of feel or vibe fits the teams personality?
2. What kind of feel or Vibe Would you like the team to project? (Sometimes this doesn't match Question 1)
3. What did they have for music last year? And were you happy with that?
4. What do the kids listen to? Any songs that they have just got to have? (Some coaches will avoid asking the kids, because they usually don't like what the kids pick. I personally love to cause it connects with the kids and may motivate them to push even harder. So Love asking the kids)

During these questions I'll find a good idea of what to do for that team. The coach and I will make a goal and shoot for it..

Chat

Whatever you do stay farrrrrrrr away from Hannah Montana... lol

YES! I cant stand her plus I think Miley Cyrus is a horrible example....

I'll probably throw in some Selena Gomez songs and Justin Bieber w. Sean Kingston Eeenie Meenie (easy song to come up with something!) and then throw in Rihannas new songs turn off the lights in here or something.

YES! I cant stand her plus I think Miley Cyrus is a horrible example....

I'll probably throw in some Selena Gomez songs and Justin Bieber w. Sean Kingston Eeenie Meenie (easy song to come up with something!) and then throw in Rihannas new songs turn off the lights in here or something.

You can always go Old School funk! Like earth Wind and Fire! I love that for young kids! Gap Band, Rick James, Aretha Franklin... so much awesome clean music for kids!

Back