All-Star What Teams Are Still Having Tryouts?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Keep_Believing

Staff member
Cheer Parent
FBOD:LLFB
Apr 11, 2011
I am curious what teams/gyms are still having tryouts? Some have already competed, performing at their showcases, and many are running full outs, but I saw a post for Spirit of Texas , Reign tryouts: Open Large Co Ed on Nov 12 & 13th. Who else still has tryouts going on? I am surprised to see a team form so late, but know their teams are extremely successful. What are the advantages to forming teams later?

I am curious what teams/gyms are still having tryouts? Some have already competed, performing at their showcases, and many are running full outs, but I saw a post for Spirit of Texas , Reign tryouts: Open Large Co Ed on Nov 12 & 13th. Who else still has tryouts going on? I am surprised to see a team form so late, but know their teams are extremely successful. What are the advantages to forming teams later?
I'd say it's probably more common for open teams when gyms get increased interest for a particular team or need to fill more spots. Some college age kids may move to a new area for school and miss the regular tryouts in the spring. I don't think it's too uncommon overall. CA had tryouts for Claw 6 this past weekend. I hear it relatively often for open teams.

Also some international teams start later with comps and do less due to the majority of members are adults, have other commitments, paying their own way etc.
My daughters team first comp is end of Jan. With other teams they have 3 before hers with the first one being the first week of Dec.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with open teams, especially those catered to 18+, forming later. I think the coaches figure that the athletes don't need to summer for camps and practice since the athletes tend to be well seasoned and experienced. Starting later means the athletes can spend the summer at home,traveling or working, or just resting their bodies.

'NCA push' in January? I know NCA is a big comp. By "NCA push" do you mean replacing athletes that can no longer double team across levels? If not, what do you mean? Thanks

'NCA push' in January? I know NCA is a big comp. By "NCA push" do you mean replacing athletes that can no longer double team across levels? If not, what do you mean? Thanks
Usually, in my 10 seasons experience, that's when gyms call in the extra athletes to fill to teams to max #s for CheerSport and NCA and make sure everyone on the team is contributing.

Could also be to replace injured athletes. I've seen a LOT of injuries in the last month, my CP included. :(

Back