High School What Tumbling Does Your High School Team Have?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I have 12 girls for varsity sideline season!
9/12 back walkovers
3/12 back handsprings/multiples
2 round off tucks I think? Maybe three? They don't really do them
1 running handspring tuck

These girls hate tumbling so much it drives me insane (and they're good at it!!!!). I have at least 4 girls that could throw beautiful handsprings on their own but they won't. All three of my back handspring girls could throw their tucks, like they are perfect but they won't throw. So crazy!
Our middle school is KILLLING it though. We hold tumbling practices with them but I don't see them any other time. Pretty sure they have 1 layout, 3 standing tucks, and a ton of standing & running handsprings.

I have 12 girls for varsity sideline season!
9/12 back walkovers
3/12 back handsprings/multiples
2 round off tucks I think? Maybe three? They don't really do them
1 running handspring tuck

These girls hate tumbling so much it drives me insane (and they're good at it!!!!). I have at least 4 girls that could throw beautiful handsprings on their own but they won't. All three of my back handspring girls could throw their tucks, like they are perfect but they won't throw. So crazy!
Our middle school is KILLLING it though. We hold tumbling practices with them but I don't see them any other time. Pretty sure they have 1 layout, 3 standing tucks, and a ton of standing & running handsprings.

Do they have mental blocks on the skills or is it just being lazy/settling for less?
Maybe you could put up some kind of reward system?
For the reward system, i guess i would agree on a certain number of reps that you want to see in a cert. Nr of weeks.
If they make it, they get a small reward , if not, they get a little more time.
Make it a teamcompetition by rewarding with ice cream if everyone does the skills hes capable of, not the ones theyre comfortable with.

A senior instructor at my maritime youth club, once got me talking ifo a group, by refusing to stand up from his push up position unless i would talk. It worked.

Do they have mental blocks on the skills or is it just being lazy/settling for less?
Maybe you could put up some kind of reward system?
For the reward system, i guess i would agree on a certain number of reps that you want to see in a cert. Nr of weeks.
If they make it, they get a small reward , if not, they get a little more time.
Make it a teamcompetition by rewarding with ice cream if everyone does the skills hes capable of, not the ones theyre comfortable with.

A senior instructor at my maritime youth club, once got me talking ifo a group, by refusing to stand up from his push up position unless i would talk. It worked.
This is great advice, thanks! They are just so lazy it's not a mental block problem. I was thinking about a little gold star chart and whoever gets the most by a certain time gets a prize, but I love the reps idea too!!!

Back