All-Star What Will Competitions Be Like In 2021?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

That's the other part. Even if we're in a good place vaccine-wise and numbers have started dropping, so many people have been out of work for so long it'll take at least a few years for things to get back to how they were..less people in gyms willing/able to travel far and often.

I don't know. Even with COVID and job losses and furloughs, I've seen gyms post that they have had record sign up numbers for tryouts (for teams that I assume are still doing SOME travel.)

You'd be surprised at how people can financially prioritize an activity for their child, even in a pandemic, recession, etc. because they want to keep things as normal for their kids as possible.

Would I do so? Not sure. But there are definitely people who think that way.

I don't know. Even with COVID and job losses and furloughs, I've seen gyms post that they have had record sign up numbers for tryouts (for teams that I assume are still doing SOME travel.)

You'd be surprised at how people can financially prioritize an activity for their child, even in a pandemic, recession, etc. because they want to keep things as normal for their kids as possible.

As someone who was in allstar cheer during 2008s recession, at least in my limited experience that can only last so long.

less receptive to guidelines may not be better for the future.

I didn't say "less receptive to guidelines" I said, "more receptive to the less restrictive side of the CDC guidelines." Whatever our opinions are, the fact remains that the CDC currently does not have an attendance limit on sporting events (they stress social distancing and hotspots), the GWCC is currently open for events and mass sporting events are currently happening. Whether or not cheerleading can make it happen within the current CDC guidelines remains to be seen, but those are the current guidelines, and IMO, the Southeast seems to be more receptive to moving forward within those guidelines than some other areas.

That's the other part. Even if we're in a good place vaccine-wise and numbers have started dropping, so many people have been out of work for so long it'll take at least a few years for things to get back to how they were..less people in gyms willing/able to travel far and often.

The good news, business owners tailor their decisions on what the majority of their clients are willing to do/not do, if they want to remain in business. Customers should be voicing their opinions to their gym owners one way or another on this issue.

numbers are up to 2 thing. no pop warner or city teams and because alot of colleges are not doing cheer.... we had alot of late sign ups for our NT team of college kids who didn t want to sit out a year.

Whatever our opinions are, the fact remains that the CDC currently does not have an attendance limit on sporting events (they stress social distancing and hotspots), the GWCC is currently open for events and mass sporting events are currently happening.
Will be interesting to see if a hypothetical Biden administration leads to a change in the CDC guidance nationally and/or a more universal or "50 state" approach. I'm probably not breaking any news here by suggesting that their recommendations have not been met with universal applause.

Will be interesting to see if a hypothetical Biden administration leads to a change in the CDC guidance nationally and/or a more universal or "50 state" approach. I'm probably not breaking any news here by suggesting that their recommendations have not been met with universal applause.

The Social Dilemma on Netflix. I know that's a strange response, but if you have watched it, you'll know exactly why I said it.

Ha. Well time will tell. You brought up following GWCC following CDC guidelines and I am suggesting other states are far more restrictive than that.
Where Can You Hold Events? Here's the State-by-State Reopening Status | Northstar Meetings Group

The implication of my statement of "the Southeast being more receptive to the less restrictive side of CDC guidelines" would in fact imply the opposite of your statement "other states are far more restrictive than that." I'm not sure why you're trying to debate that comment, it appears to me we agree.

I brought up The Social Dilemma, because the tech giant employees specifically talk about artificial intelligence feeding us different information as "truths" via social media in different geographical areas. It's truly pointless to have an intelligent debate when no one really knows what is true and what is not.

CEA’s virtual showcase is coming up. I think that’ll help set the tone for the season.

And speaking of CEA, the sneak peek of SE’s pyramid looks promising, I think. I like the ground inversion/flip/switch lib thing.

Am a little chuffed to see last year’s SE choreo creep it’s way into C4 and Coed Elite routines (the “we’re all in a circle with someone inside of it” thing). On the one hand I don’t blame them for recycling since they didn’t get to compete it last year, but it’s kind of a lot to see it recycled three times over.

CEA’s virtual showcase is coming up. I think that’ll help set the tone for the season.

And speaking of CEA, the sneak peek of SE’s pyramid looks promising, I think. I like the ground inversion/flip/switch lib thing.

Am a little chuffed to see last year’s SE choreo creep it’s way into C4 and Coed Elite routines (the “we’re all in a circle with someone inside of it” thing). On the one hand I don’t blame them for recycling since they didn’t get to compete it last year, but it’s kind of a lot to see it recycled three times over.

This is a few years old by now, no? I don't follow the name brand teams, just local gyms. So I don't know where it originated. I know I saw it at local small gym's at least 2 seasons ago (the last year my CP competed). In fact I remember seeing one comp where 2 teams in a row ended with it. I assumed that by the time it filtered down to us it was old news. And I just saw it in a sneak peek of local choreo for this year too.

This is a few years old by now, no? I don't follow the name brand teams, just local gyms. So I don't know where it originated. I know I saw it at local small gym's at least 2 seasons ago (the last year my CP competed). In fact I remember seeing one comp where 2 teams in a row ended with it. I assumed that by the time it filtered down to us it was old news. And I just saw it in a sneak peek of local choreo for this year too.

No it’s nothing groundbreaking, but CEA has a history a reusing choreo that’s worked for them in the past. Nothing wrong with it — honestly I think we’ll see a lot of similar choreo again since nobody got to use theirs last year — but it’s just surprising to see it applied to three of their other teams.

You're going to see a lot of recycled elements this year I feel like, especially if they scored super well in 19/20.

Example: C4's elite is extremely similar to 19/20 C4 because it scored super high and never saw the Summit floor.

Similarly, PA Midnight's 18/19 and 19/20 elite were basically same stunt with some different transitions because high scoring.

I think SSX used something like that for a few years in like 2011-2013 time, because I vaguely remember seeing something similar 2 seasons in a row from them, and us commenting on it here then...

I think SSX used something like that for a few years in like 2011-2013 time, because I vaguely remember seeing something similar 2 seasons in a row from them, and us commenting on it here then...

Yeah they like what they like, that’s for sure. On the one hand, I get it from a strategy perspective: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. On the other hand, I just can’t help but want a little more creativity from a program that’s built its name on it.

You're going to see a lot of recycled elements this year I feel like, especially if they scored super well in 19/20.

Example: C4's elite is extremely similar to 19/20 C4 because it scored super high and never saw the Summit floor.

Similarly, PA Midnight's 18/19 and 19/20 elite were basically same stunt with some different transitions because high scoring.

Of all the teams, I’m really hoping to see BSB’s elite remain largely the same. Maybe with an added stretch to the full up. I’d love to see how that scores at Worlds.

Back