What's A Barley?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

SheCheers

Cheer Parent
Mar 6, 2011
Ok, keep in mind that this is my 8 year old telling me she learning how to do a half barley today. i've never heard this term before. i want to know what it is and what's it's supposed to look like.
Her word might be wrong, she also told me her gym owner and her hole family was moving to st. louis today, when in fact the gym owner's husband was going on a business trip to minneapolis...LOL.

so it could be something other than a barley. she said it's like a round off with a twist????

this was definitely a tumble pass, it was at tumbling, not cheer practice. she has her full ::::shrug:::::

I believe this is it!
A branni/brandy/brady is an aerial which lands with 2 feet instead of one at a time. It can also be referred to as a round-off without hands-excluding the spring motion.
So it's like an aerial cartwheel but a round off instead

What is the actual term? I've heard barani,branny,brandy,brady...:confused:
I had to search all for on youtube and each (with different spelling variations) pulled up a ton to no responses. Barani and branni/branny were the most popular. Brady and Brandy just pulled up people with those names. Whitney Love's vid refers to it as a Branni but I think its like the Prep/Extension Prep or Cupie/Awesome debate.

she also told me her gym owner and her hole family was moving to st. louis today, when in fact the gym owner's husband was going on a business trip to minneapolis...LOL.

I'm sorry, I'm seriously laughing at this! I love your cp! Barley...Barani...whatever!

I'm sorry, I'm seriously laughing at this! I love your cp! Barley...Barani...whatever!

we do eat a lot of barley around here. @@ LOL...not really. i was actually laughing too. i was like "FOCUS...if the gym owner up and moved to st. louis, what do you think would happen to the gym??? what was actually said?" poor thing has no common sense.

we do eat a lot of barley around here. @@ LOL...not really. i was actually laughing too. i was like "FOCUS...if the gym owner up and moved to st. louis, what do you think would happen to the gym??? what was actually said?" poor thing has no common sense.

I swear you must live in my house!! Glad I'm not the only one!

And this is when I always say (with a smile and a wink) "I didn't say she was smart, I just said she was a good cheerleader." ;)

Back