What's Happening At Rockstar

Discussion in 'Allstar Cheerleading' started by Sterling von Shimmer, May 13, 2019.

1. oncecoolcoachnowmom

oncecoolcoachnowmom Bestest Newbie '14

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach

Unrelated - I feel like the last time I saw you post, your kid was nowhere near Worlds age. Now she is on Beatles. Time flies!

2. oncecoolcoachnowmom

oncecoolcoachnowmom Bestest Newbie '14

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach

When dealing with kiddos I have a saying:

"More than 2? Must be you!"

Generally speaking if you have had issues in your last 2 gyms, schools, jobs, etc. it may be time to sit down and determine what role you may be playing in the conflicts you have.

3. dat.jpp

dat.jpp Best Flyer.. on a parent team

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    Coaches calling out coaches. Sitting back & watching it all unfold, A very good way to end my junior year in high school. *sips more tea*

4. RobinSparkles

RobinSparkles Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    _robin_sparkles
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    Ooof. It's a little... sketchy they've said no to finding out who sent the messages. One would think they'd want to know who it was so that person could be held accountable. It's a relief to hear it's likely that this didn't happen, and that there's another trans athlete who's had nothing but a positive experience there. I hope the next season is easier there; it sounds like it's been rough the past few years.

5. MomMomMamaMom

MomMomMamaMom I'm an announcer on CBS for Worlds (or should be)

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    I am only commenting to ask a question about this. The USASF sanctions actually say 3 year owner/coach ineligibility. 5 yearProgram Probation. I fully believe that the owner/coach would not risk his entire Program by blatantly violating what he had been told he had to do. So are you saying that the only violation that was issued was event backstage eligibility?

No reflection on the program in my questioning this. It just blows my mind!

6. AndrewSky

AndrewSky Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    Summer came a LOT quicker than I expected!

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    • Shimmy Shimmy x 10
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. mommadonna

mommadonna Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    There was more to it than just what’s mentioned here. I am not positive, so you may want to verify. I believe it’s a matter of public info through USASF, so not too hard to find. I believe there were some pretty significant fines along with some other things/training that had to happen. Again, I’m not positive on the specifics but it was more than just probation. It was definitely a pretty significant consequence overall.

8. Nikaa

Nikaa Slow your roll, Sparkle. Bracket Winner

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Fan
    When you change two gyms per season because there’s to much drama maybe....maybe you’re the problem :oops:

9. MomMomMamaMom

MomMomMamaMom I'm an announcer on CBS for Worlds (or should be)

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Yes. Sorry. I just referenced that part, and realize that minimizes the rest( fines etc) What I’m shocked about is that USASF eligibility for coaching only means backstage/ warm up rooms.

10. AshleyErin

AshleyErin I Fierce Board instead of work/study Bracket Winner

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    That isn't what it should mean.....but are they really going to address it? no. Ineligibility says they are not even allowed at USASF sanctioned events and event producers are notified of this - it's a lot of looking the other way. If he was suspended then that is the "no warm up room" punishment, but I'm pretty sure the disciplinary report said ineligible. I can't exactly remember

Rockstar is an amazing program that unfortunately has had that shadowed by drama in the past. I feel like painting the whole program with a brush is wrong, bc there are plenty of great people at the program. Unfortunate that this is a "few bad apples" type of thing.

As for the bullying situation - Kids shouldn't be attacked for something that anons said happened, I hate social media. I hate people that intentionally stir up drama. That is all.

11. Sterling von Shimmer

Sterling von Shimmer I Fierce Board instead of work/study

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    In my junior year all we worried about was if we got poms or not.