Whats Up With The J5 Teams Looking Better Than Ther Sr5 Team ????????

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I never said on a given day that even a sr 2 can outscore a worlds team...but when you see the routine as a whole...the team that is in the worlds division usually is more calm and mature looking....j5 is amazing but it does what it is supposed to do...prepare them for the big league...IMO
haha yeah i know! last year my level 2 team did outscore alot of worlds team along with coed 3 team! haha no i agree

lakerfantlc part of it is that you're looking at CALI S5 teams...not quite the same. :) I totally get what the OP is saying. I've seen quite a few J5 teams this year that could give a LOT of the S5 teams (around here at least) a run for their money. I'm not sure why it is though.
\
I do understand that there are amazing j5 teams...and somegyms form level 5 sr teams that are probably more like a 4...I was just thinking the best of the best...trying to compare probably isnt the best thing...:)

\
I do understand that there are amazing j5 teams...and somegyms form level 5 sr teams that are probably more like a 4...I was just thinking the best of the best...trying to compare probably isnt the best thing...:)
very rational thought. either way they are all typically fun to watch. :)

wish my cp had the chance for a J5 team. He went right from a season on J2 and Sr3 with a couple of comps at L4 as a fill-in before going onto Sr 5.

wish my cp had the chance for a J5 team. He went right from a season on J2 and Sr3 with a couple of comps at L4 as a fill-in before going onto Sr 5.

LOL my cp went right from Sr3 to ....Sr3. :p And now she'll be off to college next year.

IMO, senior teams generally have better form. they have more body awareness and technique perfection.

it could be because they are so young that there certainly is a wow factor with some J5 teams

Super Senior, just saying ;)
my cp still crosses over to Sr 3. One of his most favorite teams and levels.

She has a really late birthday, so she actually has 2 years to super senior, because on August 31, 2013 she will STILL be 18.

I also think some of it is that some gyms fill their senior 5 teams with whoever, just so they can HAVE a senior 5 team - not to say no one on the team is level 5, but they may have...say...8-10 kids that are true level 5 athletes and then stick another 10 Level 3-4 kids on there to fill up the team. Whereas I find most gyms that decide to field a J5 are larger gyms with plenty of level 5 athletes to choose from. I'm not sure if that made sense...but I'm actually at work so I gotta type fast (I know...on Christmas Eve...so sad :()

IMO, senior teams generally have better form. they have more body awareness and technique perfection.
I think that depends on the gym and coaches ( and the athletes of course) but i think some J5 teams can be just as if not more sharp and technique correct then a Sr5 team.

Back