Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Breakfast
-oatmeal OR whole grain cereal w/ fresh fruit
-poached egg over toast
-Greek yogurt w/ fruit, granola, or oats
Lunch
-Pita bread pizzas
-Whole grain pasta w/ mozarella cheese, baby spinach, tomatoes, sauteed over olive oil
-Salads w/ baby spinach instead of lettuce
-Chobani Mac & Cheese (Got soo happy when I found this recipe)
Dinner
... This is when I break the rule & eat whatever my mom makes, but she rarely makes anything unhealthy
Snacks
- Apple Sandwiches: Cut & Core out Apple into slices, put a light spread of peanut butter on top along with a sprinkle of chocolate chips mash together and you got yourself the best snack ever
-My Favorite Trailmix: 1 cup of popcorn 1 tbsp of almonds 1 tbsp of M&Ms
- If you find yourself starving all the time while at school, then take with you a bag of carrots and almonds to snack on... fills me up every time.

Oh! One more thing..when you're training, you should eat with intention. Each thing you eat should have a true purpose in fueling your body. Cut most of the stuff that doesn't do your body good and replace it with something that does.

Want Skittles? Have fresh fruit...it's tastier anyway.

Want pasta? Pass on those white noodles and opt for some with whole grains and fiber.

Ice cream? Freeze a banana, then puree it. It makes a similar texture and creamy taste.

Chocolate craving? Get some fat free whipped cream, add some cocoa powder and a packet of Splenda or Truvia (this has no nutritional "purpose"...but you're talking to the biggest choco-holic in the world. I must have chocolate every single day but I always have it healthy!)

Pizza? Spread a little light pizza sauce on a high-fiber pita, sprinkle some part-skim or fat free mozzarella on the top, maybe a few turkey pepperonis for a protein punch, and pop it in the oven.

Replace full fat dairy with reduced fat or fat free and cut your calories and excess fat intake while keeping the protein and calcium you need.

If you want fried food, coat your item (chicken, potatoes, whatever!) in egg whites and toss it in a saute pan with PAM. Makes a nice crusty, crunchy outer layer while cutting fat and adding protein!

Try to cut red meats and increase your poultry/fish intake. You still gets lots of protein with fewer bad fats.

Swap regular yogurt for Greek yogurt (if you add some Splenda or Truvia, it tastes a million times better, I swear!)

There are so many "bad" foods you can still eat with a little cooking and low-fat/low-sugar swaps. Learning to cook a bit can make it easier and exciting to eat healthy!

We have an hour drive home from cheer. I pack a lunchbox for the ride home. Food is gas for your body and when you put junk in, you get junk out. You guys are young and active enough to eat what you want and stay thin, but you will get into that habit and when you are older, it will catch up to you.

After sweating for 4 hours in a hot gym, my daughter craves clean food. Some things she loves, and she's only 12.

-Low fat small curd cottage cheese sprinkled with feta and sliced Greek olives.
-Carton of Greek yogurt, Aldi has it for 89 cents, I believe it's made by the company who makes Oikos. If you want a treat (be careful because of artificial sweetners) add a couple of teaspoons of sugar free pudding powder to a carton of Greek yogurt. It is so delicious. You can make any combo you want, I like to add lemon pudding to blueberry yogurt, chocolate pudding to raspberry yogurt, there is also cheesecake pudding to add to vanilla with fresh strawberries, the tangy flavor of the pudding is perfect for cheesecake flavor.
- Triscuit thin crisps to dip in cottage cheese
-grapes and cheese cubes

I try to give her a protein and a complex carb to help recover after practice.

Something that helps with water intake in my house. I have a big, pretty glass pitcher. I fill it with ice and put lemon slices in it then fill it with water and leave it on the counter. Everyone drinks it and I fill it up several times a day. You could put other things in the water, cucumber slices, lime, I tried orange and it wasn't very good.

Back