All-Star When Recruiting Gets Ugly

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sounds like they can't if they want to bid to Worlds. They have to be a part of that federation.

It is our governing body ruled by elected people. They are owners and coaches. We have people from all-star and school to represent us and make the decisions. There is no politician there. A membership offers many things, including insurance in case of an injury.

Many events are not organised by the federation but most of them partner up with it. It offers support and certified judges (they are well-known accross the country).

It might sounds controlling but it helped us gain an official recognition from our government. And... it is not a monopoly. They don't sell anything.

So who enforces this if you don't comply? Just the sports governing body? That kind of restrictive organization wouldn't survive for long in the US. I don't know of any youth sports organization that hold you hostage for 6 months AFTER completing a season.

It is a protective measure so poaching or disappearing without paying doesn't happen. I have seen my share of athletes transfering right after worlds and there never was a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is our governing body ruled by elected people. They are owners and coaches. We have people from all-star and school to represent us and make the decisions. There is no politician there. A membership offers many things, including insurance in case of an injury.

Many events are not organised by the federation but most of them partner up with it. It offers support and certified judges (they are well-known accross the country).

It might sounds controlling but it helped us gain an official recognition from our government. And... it is not a monopoly. They don't sell anything.
So it's not Cheer New Brun$wick ;).

I know in Canada that bids are won they year prior. At least that's what I've read on here. How does these Provinces rules (6 months or less tied to your current gym) come into play with bids won the season/year before? Are the bids rules similar to US where certain number of athletes who won bid need to be on the team come worlds?
To me it seems 6 months is a bit much time period to be tied to gym you no longer want be with and that's 6 months more of payments to said gym ( if for some reason you're denied-not because of lack of payment). I can see 3 months.

I know in Canada that bids are won they year prior. At least that's what I've read on here. How does these Provinces rules (6 months or less tied to your current gym) come into play with bids won the season/year before? Are the bids rules similar to US where certain number of athletes who won bid need to be on the team come worlds?
To me it seems 6 months is a bit much time period to be tied to gym you no longer want be with and that's 6 months more of payments to said gym ( if for some reason you're denied-not because of lack of payment). I can see 3 months.
Canadian bids aren't won the year prior. There was one comp in April (Sea to Sky) that had the option to defer to the next year, but they do not offer that option anymore.

They are not won a year prior. However, Cheer Expo offers that option. I believe the EP has rules for that...

And no! You don't have to pay anything during the six months! You only have to pay what you owe the gym!

The gym needs a SOLID reason to deny. I have never seen a case where a gym had to say no for reasons other than payment due.

Last edited:
Canadian bids aren't won the year prior. There was one comp in April (Sea to Sky) that had the option to defer to the next year, but they do not offer that option anymore.

Sea to Sky worlds bids can be deferred. Summit bids cannot

It is our governing body ruled by elected people. They are owners and coaches. We have people from all-star and school to represent us and make the decisions. There is no politician there. ...

It might sounds controlling but it helped us gain an official recognition from our government.

You would think the US governing body's leadership would somewhat resemble a democracy. It does not.

They are not won a year prior. However, Cheer Expo offers that option. I believe the EP has rules for that...

And no! You don't have to pay anything during the six months! You only have to pay what you owe the gym!

The gym needs a SOLID reason to deny. I have never seen a case where a gym had to say no for reasons other than payment due.
Thanks for the correction. I could have sworn I read it on here-Canada thread perhaps?

I'm not sure how the 6 months thing works, we don't do that here. If you're all paid up you're free to go wherever you please.

We dont have a transfer thing in Manitoba either. But we're a different beast here regarding our provincial governance right now....

This Canada discussion is fascinating. The set up of the regional governing bodies sounds very transparent and democratic. Do the regional governing bodies also connect to make one overall governing body? Do they ever meet together to discuss things like changes in the industry?

This Canada discussion is fascinating. The set up of the regional governing bodies sounds very transparent and democratic. Do the regional governing bodies also connect to make one overall governing body? Do they ever meet together to discuss things like changes in the industry?

We have Cheer Canada for that. But I don't know how this one works.

This still seems odd to me. Even though there may never have been a case where a gym has denied for reasons other than payment due, the door is open. A gym COULD deny, if they were so inclined.

Back