All-Star When Recruiting Gets Ugly

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The reason I asked the original question is because, where I live, one gym has accused another of approaching their higher level athletes to attract them to try out for a new Worlds team next season. I wonder, does it make a difference if a gym is inviting athletes to try out versus promising them a spot?

The reason I asked the original question is because, where I live, one gym has accused another of approaching their higher level athletes to attract them to try out for a new Worlds team next season. I wonder, does it make a difference if a gym is inviting athletes to try out versus promising them a spot?

Was this what I saw on twitter this weekend... paraphrasing 'there is no time for shady business'?

Didn't that one gym from Georgia have a gym that had a level 5 team that had "the best cheerleaders in the state of Georgia"? Doesn't that count as this?

Yup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is something that's been going on for years.
My personal belief about that situation is that the gym should never do any sort of recruiting that isn't public. Absolutely advertise their new location and advertise that they are hoping to have a Worlds team out of that location. Even encourage Worlds level athletes in the area (there are quite a few) to try out based on the gym's incredible history of success in Worlds divisions both in Canada and outside of Canada. But to directly reach out to athletes and ask them to join, that's too far.

My personal belief about that situation is that the gym should never do any sort of recruiting that isn't public. Absolutely advertise their new location and advertise that they are hoping to have a Worlds team out of that location. Even encourage Worlds level athletes in the area (there are quite a few) to try out based on the gym's incredible history of success in Worlds divisions both in Canada and outside of Canada. But to directly reach out to athletes and ask them to join, that's too far.

THIS! They're amazing. No denying it.

I don't know exact details but the gyms history of success certainly speaks for themselves.

I guess I'm in the minority. The season is over. Businesses direct advertise or "recruit" all the time. Colleges recruit. There was recruitment going on at stuntfest yesterday in some form, there is recruitment that happens at NCA camps in some form. I just don't see anything wrong with a business or organization making an offer to someone and alternatively someone looking to get the best offer they can get for a product or service.

Ine m
I guess I'm in the minority. The season is over. Businesses direct advertise or "recruit" all the time. Colleges recruit. There was recruitment going on at stuntfest yesterday in some form, there is recruitment that happens at NCA camps in some form. I just don't see anything wrong with a business or organization making an offer to someone and alternatively someone looking to get the best offer they can get for a product or service.
I can live with school recruitment. Not all-star.

Does anyone not directly involved actually know what was offered to the athletes in question? Could the gym that's angry have misunderstood the intent of whatever communication happened? Maybe the new gym in town did only "encourage" Worlds-level athletes to try out.

Back