All-Star Where Do Most International Teams Get Their Bids?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 27, 2011
I was just looking at the results from last year and all the us teams have a company listed that they got a bid from but when I got down to the international teams it just had the usasf logo, how do the international teams receive their bids and are their competitions listed on the usasf site for us to see results and such, just curious because all us teams have to earn a bid and it does not seem like they would have that many bid events outside of the us. Thanks!

Some International teams go to the states to get their bids to worlds, and I don't personally know to much about other countries, but in Canada the amount of competitions giving out bids is growing every year, there are still only a few though.

In Germany there is one competition in May/June that gives out bids. You have to come in first place for the division to earn a partial-paid bid (there are 4 bids).

I know there are other bid-giving competitions in Europe. But most are giving out bids only to certain countries - so no competition-hopping to earn a bid. One chance and if you don't get a bid you have to wait another year...

In Sweden you get a bid from our Nationals (we only have one). Those who place 1st and 2nd in senior level 6 get a bid for international open 6 and those who place 3rd, 4th and 5th get a bid for international open 5. Don't know if it's a paid bid... I think it's a no-money-bid.

Swedish teams have competed at the competition in Germany that @Emily mentioned. One team recieved a bid for Worlds, but it was a junior team and unfortunately they took away the junior divisions the next year at Worlds. Would be better if the comp was before Worlds, because now you compete for a bid for NEXT season, and things can change..

My understanding is that you must get a bid at a competition, in the country you reside in - though this might not be the case in Europe as countries are so much smaller than NA . In Canada, there are 5 bid-giving competitions. In the past, you had to get your bid at one of these events OR you could obtain a video bid IF you lived 550 km away from the competition. (Lets be realistic, everything is 550 km away in Canada....we literally have athletes travel 550 km to practice...but, I digress). There are also countries that are still allowed entry into the competition via "video bid" (I'm assuming those are the ones that have the USASF/IASF logo beside them). Usually those are "emerging market" countries.

My understanding is that you must get a bid at a competition, in the country you reside in - though this might not be the case in Europe as countries are so much smaller than NA . In Canada, there are 5 bid-giving competitions. In the past, you had to get your bid at one of these events OR you could obtain a video bid IF you lived 550 km away from the competition. (Lets be realistic, everything is 550 km away in Canada....we literally have athletes travel 550 km to practice...but, I digress). There are also countries that are still allowed entry into the competition via "video bid" (I'm assuming those are the ones that have the USASF/IASF logo beside them). Usually those are "emerging market" countries.
I never thought of that.

Doubt there are many bid opportunities in Africa.

My understanding is that you must get a bid at a competition, in the country you reside in

There are some exceptions to this. Sea to Sky in Vancouver can award bids to Canadian or American teams.

You're right Andre, that is true. Not sure why - I think its because they were allowed to prior to the rule.

There are a bunch of companies in the UK that give out bids! The companies have to be a certain tier in USASF and then become a sanctioned event that can give out bids. The competitions have to be at least 60miles from another bid event which believe it or not in little old scotland is quite hard!!!
The two times I've been to worlds (it was before ICU etc) I was on a national team and that how we got a bid (i think!?)

Latest posts

Back