College Where Will You Be Attending Camp This Year?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 24, 2011
The University of Kentucky will be attending the UCA College Camp at Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin where schools such as Kansas, Michigan State, Minnesota and several others will be there. What about you?

Ugh crying because we were supposed to got to college camp in the Dells but half our team is going to be gone then so now we aren't going :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ugh crying because we were supposed to got to college camp in the Dells but half our team is going to be gone then so now we aren't going :(

I wonder how much not attending camp can affect a team. You learn so much at camp, would it make pre-football season practices harder?

I wonder how much not attending camp can affect a team. You learn so much at camp, would it make pre-football season practices harder?
We didn't do camp last year (saved money for new uniforms) and I guess it sort of affected us. We usually do a home camp but we still get new material from it which we use. It was okay though because most of our team was returners. I think (at least for my team) it's most beneficial when we have a lot of new guys. Our guys have never ever cheered before so it's nice for them to get tips and stuff from the UCA Staff. It's also helpful when we have a bunch of new girls too. For example, my freshman year there were seven of us who were new and none of us had done much (if at all) coed stunting so it was very beneficial have a camp! The last few years we've only take three new freshman, so it was easier teach them one on one at practice.
Plus we typically do camp after our first football event (family night, which is early August) so I guess it doesn't hurt our pre-football practices,but it does hurt down the road because you don't have the material or have outside eyes see your skills to critique them.

FIU Cheer and Dance will be attending NCA College Camp at the Sheraton on Myrtle Beach.

You're not alone. A lot of big names will be attending the NCA/NDA College Camp at Myrtle Beach like NC State, South Carolina, Clemson, Virginia Tech and more!

Back