College Which Is Better: Uca, Nca, Or Usa?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 24, 2011
IMO, I like UCA simply because its routines are more traditional with stunts, pyramids, tosses, as well as leading the crowd. IMO, NCA and USA tend to be more all-star-like on regards to their style of routines. Your thoughts?

IMO, I like UCA simply because its routines are more traditional with stunts, pyramids, tosses, as well as leading the crowd. IMO, NCA and USA tend to be more all-star-like on regards to their style of routines. Your thoughts?
I don't know a lot about USA, so hopefully someone on here can enlighten me. I'm a UCA person myself.

I know nothing about USA. But I think UCA and NCA are better over USA. I say this just because I don't think people really know much about USA.

I prefer UCA over NCA, since I'm an UCA staffer and compete UCA. However, I don't think one is better than the other. They are two totally different styles with very talented teams, competitions and staff.

I'm not too familiar with USA. For college I love both UCA and NCA! For high school I'm UCA. For allstars I'm NCA.

USA is kinda like UCA and NCA's estranged younger sibling. At USA, you can do a cheer or not, totally up to the teams, I've seen teams with cheers win and lose so I don't really think one is better than the other. Also, it's technically not a nationals, it's the USA collegiate "championships." I think it was nationals some years back, but not any more. It's mainly used by west coast teams for a practice run for NCA (ex, CBU and Orange Coast College), something to do after UCA (ex, Cal Poly and SDSU), or a main comp for teams trying to become competitive and eventually graduate to UCA/NCA, or teams that want to compete but can't hang/don't want to (or can't) shell out the money to go to Florida. Also, since there are many California teams that do STUNT now, they usually hold a stunt tournament there as well.
It's definitely not as esteemed or as amazing as UCA or NCA, but it's an opportunity for less competitive teams to do something and work for.

USA is kinda like UCA and NCA's estranged younger sibling. At USA, you can do a cheer or not, totally up to the teams, I've seen teams with cheers win and lose so I don't really think one is better than the other. Also, it's technically not a nationals, it's the USA collegiate "championships." I think it was nationals some years back, but not any more. It's mainly used by west coast teams for a practice run for NCA (ex, CBU and Orange Coast College), something to do after UCA (ex, Cal Poly and SDSU), or a main comp for teams trying to become competitive and eventually graduate to UCA/NCA, or teams that want to compete but can't hang/don't want to (or can't) shell out the money to go to Florida. Also, since there are many California teams that do STUNT now, they usually hold a stunt tournament there as well.
It's definitely not as esteemed or as amazing as UCA or NCA, but it's an opportunity for less competitive teams to do something and work for.
Is USA only on the west cost?

Is USA only on the west cost?
I think so. I think the furthest East their competitions are held are in Colorado. So while that does limit High School teams from competing at the high school Nationals (you need to receive an invitation to Nationals from one of their regional comps to attend) I've seen college teams compete at their championships from Hawaii, Texas, and even New York.

ETA: I believe this also counts for rec teams as well, you need an invitation to nationals. But I think All Star teams can come from wherever with no invitation, much like the college teams, but mainly only western teams attend because it's not super prestigious and late in the season.

Last edited:
Back