College Which Schools Give Scholarships For Cheering In College?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Thanks to everyone who responded. I regret not mentioning earlier that I am looking into colleges that are academically strong and offer cheerleading. I have a 4.0 and my SAT/ACT scores are on the 96th percentile nation wide. However I don't want to attend an Ivy or school known just for its brains. I would like to go to any school that is ranked in the top 100 :)
You have a MUCH better shot getting academic scholarships, but you may be able to get a books scholarship for cheer.

Thanks to everyone who responded. I regret not mentioning earlier that I am looking into colleges that are academically strong and offer cheerleading. I have a 4.0 and my SAT/ACT scores are on the 96th percentile nation wide. However I don't want to attend an Ivy or school known just for its brains. I would like to go to any school that is ranked in the top 100 :)
then def. look at NCSU! A top school in academics and cheer. There are kids on both Large Coed and Small Coed that are from all over the country. Both teams cheer at football games and basktball (men and women's).

I know Mizzou helps athletes do this but only after 1 year and the student needs to actually become a resident of Missouri.

**You better sleep with 1 eye open or you won't see it coming #CheerMafia**
I think this applies to anyone - that they can get in state tuition if they become a resident after the first year...several of my daughter's friends are doing this.

Just Missouri...but not sure if there are any other states with a similar policy. for state schools - each state has their own residency requirements. I have seen most states in the Midwest to be much stricter - usually requiring a year living in state not attending school before you can qualify for in state tuition. not sure about private schools though.

I think this applies to anyone - that they can get in state tuition if they become a resident after the first year...several of my daughter's friends are doing this.
UK offers the same but if is harder to gain residency based on what cp was told.

**Come on, where's Ashton because I think we're being punk'd**

....and she came back and clarified what she was looking for and then the conversation changed

Not that anyone specifically accused her of looking at colleges because of cheerleading
The first two post I took as assumptions. Instead of just simply answering the question.

Back