College Which Would You Choose?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 16, 2011
If you were a girl and had the opportunity to cheer at Hawaii Pacific, Valdosta, UAB, Indiana, University Oregon, Central Arkansas....which one would you choose?

Thanks for the advise.

I'm only familiar with Univ. of Oregon and HPU, but it really depends on what you want. Univ. of Oregon cheer does not compete. I've seen a video of them, and they were doing pretty basic stunts in their performance. But...as far as sideline goes, Univ. of Oregon would be AWESOME. I've heard the HPU sideline experience is pretty boring, but they were obviously super competitive at NCA. But, as of now they aren't competing at NCA next year.

If you are wanting all girl, HPU doesn't have an all girl and they no longer compete.

If you are choosing based on academics you need to look at what majors they have.

I agree with Mamarazzi that Bloomington is a great college town and the school itself is a great enviroment. I looked into going to school and loved it when I went to visit. Plus Tony Nash is going amazing things for their all girl team. They have a great business school and nursing program, not to mention their medical school.

Cheering is definitely a factor, I love competing! but nursing program is my desire. I know I want my cake and eat it too. Would love both. :).

Cheering is definitely a factor, I love competing! but nursing program is my desire. I know I want my cake and eat it too. Would love both. :).

UAB has incredible medical programs and the UAB cheerleading program is really up and coming with David Gillaland as the coach. And ACE is just over the mountain in Homewood to provide the possibility of open squads.

UAB also has a nursing program designed for high school seniors to go straight into their nursing program freshman year. I wish I had the desire to be a nurse then like I do know, thats where I would probably be.

As much as I love VSU, and believe me I do (I lived there), it wouldn't be high on my list. Not a college town in any way, not much there in the town at all really, and just mediocre over all. Good school, but there are better on your list.

Univ of Kansas has one of the best nursing programs in the country and i must say I thoroughly enjoyed cheering there (sideline and competing)

Back