All-Star Who Has Influenced You Most? ....

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

As a cheerleader, it was always the coach who kicked my booty that got the most out of me lol

As a coach, I'm most motivated by my kids. Every day, I just want to give them the best of me:)

My coach, to make me work for what I want, and making me believe that I can do anything if I try hard enough, and my other coach for teaching me that good enough, is never good enough.

My mum for never giving up on me whatever I did.

This is a weird one, but my French teacher last year.... bearing in mind, I hated french at the beginning of the year, but she pushed my whole class so hard and taught us all the mentality that if in class, you can do the hardest work easily, then in an exam, with the added adrenaline, you will be perfect. This is quite easy to relate back to cheer, if you work your butt of in training, and can still do a routine full out after 3 hours of training, then on competition day, you will be at your very best. I dont think she knows how much of an effect she had on our whole class tbh.

And as a coach, (this is cheesy) but every time a kid hits that stunt or finally sticks a tumble they have been working for for agesss, their face motivates you to want to teach a million more kids :) I think its the skills that take ages to come that are the most rewarding :)

My high school coach...Coach P at Northwestern was amazing. She started coaching 9th grade with my year and moved up with me to JV and then Varsity. She taught me so many new skills and especially how to be a leader. I was extremely shy when I started high school and cheer was fun for me, but never competitive until I met her. She inspired me to become a coach and to inspire others. So many people look up to her and she has changed the program completely.

The high school program when I was in middle school wasn't the best. They didn't really tumble, but were beast stunters. You could see the changes every year. The tryout process and requirements become more difficult. Now, Varsity took runner-up at State and everyone is tumbling...I believe she had 21 out of 24 standing tucks. You know you're doing something right when people are moving to your school district to cheer!

Even though you're married...you'll always be Coach P to us :)

My tumbling coach Patrick. I can trust him with everything and he has taught me not only my tumbling skills, but also that I can achieve anything I want to in life if I try hard enough, and to follow my dreams. He's amazing :)

the whole maryland marlins gym. its my first year there, i came from another gym and cheered there for a really long time. at that gym, i never had an "unforgettable" season. it was always such a drag for me to go to practice because i dreaded it. finally i realized that i LOVE the sport of cheerleading but needed to find another gym because my old gym was making me not like it. When I first went up to marlins, EVERYONE was so welcoming. it was something ive never experienced before. all of the girls there are like sisters, they treat each other with dignity and respect. the coaches and the athletes have an amazing bond and relationship because they get the respect they deserve from the athletes. needless to say, i am a whole different person and really wonder what took me so long to come there.

One of my old coaches influenced me so much. I had never had much confidence about my tumbling and I had a tendency to beat myself up about it. She told me to have confidence in myself because I am a great tumbler and that I should believe in myself just like she believes in me

My biggest influences/inspirations in cheer have always been Dom Palange and Bucky O'Leary, who are both AMAZINGLY nice people as well.
Outside of cheer, the person who has influenced me most is Maya Angelou. I sound like Oprah here, but she has said some things that have moved me more than anything else. She referenced a quote by Terence "I am a human being. Anything human can not be alien to me." in the show Oprah's Master Class, and spoke on that statement, and it almost brought me to tears. What it basically means is that anything one human can do, another is capable of, and it really hit me hard as I tend to pity myself and use any excuse I have at the time to not do something, but then see other people capable of doing more that have to overcome more than I do.

My grandma who passed away when I was a year old... She was a cheerleader and my dad always tells me that if she lived to see me cheer she would be at every competition. The other day we were burying my grandpa (second grandpa to die in a week) and I got to see my grandmothers grave. I sat there and told her that I cheered and that she was my insperation.

Kiara Nowlin. I looked up to her as a gymnast when I was in gymnastics, and now that I'm a cheerleader she inspires me even more. <3
My brother and sister.<3
My mom.<3
God.<3

I feel like everyone's answer should include Maryland Marlins Tsunami because the hard work, dedication, and true family that they are; they handled every obstacle thrown at them with grace and poise which should be something that every team strives for.
:tsnuami:

Whitney Love because first of all, she is obviously amazing and inspires me to do better. And second, I had a huge block for awhile and we were messaging on facebook about meeting at NCA, and I told her about it and she gave me step by steps instructions on how to get over it and she motivated me and encouraged me to get my skills back and she was so nice about it and I went to the gym and got over my block. And then we met at NCA and she was easily the nicest person I have ever met!!

Back