Who Is Tired Of Flyers Getting All The Credit For Amazing Stunts?!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I totally agree. I remember when I first started cheering I desperately wanted to be a flyer because everyone would see me; however, I wouldn't trade basing for the world. I loved being a base.

I am a part time flyer part time base and I know exactly what your talking about as a flyer you know that you are nothing without the people under you keeping you up there. Bases to me are called bases for a reason without a strong base the stunt is nothing

yes bases need more credit but flyers also get the bad reps too! I am a flyer but last year i was droped at comp but i was the one my team was mad at, it happens you dont have a group without a flyer and you dont have a group without a base or backspot :)

I it so much when bad flyers get all the credit for staying in the air when it was clearly the BACK SPOT holding them up there!

BEEN THERE. DONE THAT. FINALLY QUIT THE TEAM BECAUSE I HAD ENOUGH. and guess who isn't flying this year, oh yeah that girl because she can't pull her own weight in the stunt group!

My old coach used to say Flyers are just icing on the cake, and the bases and backspots are the foundation. But I think everyone should take credit if it hits or nott.

im a flyer and last year on my youth team i was a backspot. when i was backspoting my coaches almost always gave me most of the credit b/c i held up almost the whole stunt by myself and they knew it. but then when flying i get credit but so do the bases and backspot tht im on.

p.s. my older sister Cameron Macon was one of Maddie's bases last year and might be again this year.

i think flyers do get a lot of the credit for stunts but flyers also get a lot of the crap when the stunt doesn't hit. ex: if a flyer would have fallen everyone would say "that flyer fell in her stunt" but maybe it wasn't the flyer's fault. The bases could not have the right grips or something. But bases are good at what they do and that is why they're bases, flyers are good at what they do and thats why they're flyers! but trust me I am a flyer and a base so i understand where yall are coming from.

THANK YOU FOR FINALLY POSTING THIS!!!! Yes i totally agree the flyer has to have some major skills, but the bases and backspot should get some credit too!!! For example, Ms. Maddie Gardner; yes your ballup 360 was pretty good in 2010, but who was it that kept your butt in the air?

for all the bases that think that the flyers are getting all the credit then your flyer is not thanking you enough!

one of my flyers name is Joanna, and she is very lightweight, I could probably lift her all by my self, but however, on our practise yesterday, we were doing libs, shoulderheight, and the bases (I'm a backspot) hold her foot in a like 80 degree angle, and it's not easy to stand straight then, so she kept falling. Then, I just pushed her wrist uppwards as hard as I could, or something like that, and she stood great! And the coaches? GOOOOOD JOANNA!
of course she was good, but if there was no bases then it would't be any stunts,
I think that all coaches need to encourage all team members!

Back