Who Is Tired Of Flyers Getting All The Credit For Amazing Stunts?!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I completely agree with this as well!! Yes, flyers are the ones that make the stunt look "pretty" or "good," but I'd say most of the credit needs to be given to the bases and backspot!! Backspots are absolute KEY to making a stunt hit and I think its very sad that more attention isn't given to the ones lifting the flyer in the air :)

To answer the initial question, yes I am BEYOND tired of flyers getting all of the stunting credit. It frustrates me so much! Like if it hits everyone loves the flyer but if it falls then the bases and back spot didn't work hard enough. :( ...the life of a base

I give my flyer way more credit then i give myself. I'm a partner stunter with her and as we started learnign new stunts, I put her through some really ackward catches. And she is the one that is at risk of being dropped and hurt all the time.

Yes i totally agree that flyers get more credit than the rest of the group and they shouldn't. However, when the stunt falls the flyer is always blamed, i almost never hear coaches yell at bases. For me, basing is way less stressful and i never have to worry about the stunt because i will keep it up no matter what. But, when i fly i have to put a lot of trust in my bases that they will help me make it hit like i do with my flyers, or else the whole thing is blamed on me.

I'm a main base, and whenever we fall at practice it is ALWAYS mine and my side base's fault. The flyers in my team can usually do no wrong :cow:

I totally agree! Yes the flyer makes the stunt look amazing, but without the bases, there would be no stunt in the first place. Bases are such a vital part in the stunt (obviously) and most go un-noticed. The only time bases are really mantioned is when a stunt falls and they get blamed. I think it is quite unfair but hey, that's the world of cheerleading for you!

(I'm a back and I get annoyed when people say my job is 'easy' -.-

None of the positions are an any position. They are all part of a complex unit that is used to make a great routine. Without every component working as one whole unit no stunt or routine will ever look good. So everyone in or around the sport would truly know and understand that.

My daughter is a flyer and I believe that each stunt group is a unit and each person within that unit is responsible for achieving a successful stunt. There has been many times when my daughter stayed in the air all because the will of her back spot was strong. As a flyer you get a lot of the glory, but you also get the blame. It's either Yeah, (insert name) hit or oh no (insert name) fell.

I am a flyer and I don't think that the bases and back spots get enough credit either! Everybody always looks at the flyers not many people look at the bases and back spots (except for judges).
But I also think flyers do a lot.and when the bases aren't good at basing it's hard. I literally almost put my self in the air! That's what bases I have. But my bases are tuff and so are back spots to because getting kicked in the face everyday is not the best. Neither is being dropped wich happens to me a lot. so I think it goes both ways but yes I totally agree bases and back spots should get more credit!!

Back