All-Star Who Wants Their Own Cheer Gym?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 30, 2013
Do any of you want your own cheer gyms When you get older?
If you do, then...

*What would you name it?
(I'd name my gym.....Georgia Elite)

*What would be your mascot?
(Mine=wolf)

*And would you coach a team at your gym?

Honestly, I really would like my own gym, but my whole "Moving to England going to Oxford/Cambridge for medical school and living in a swanky apartment in London, work at a hospital and be rich then move back to Dawsonville." plan doesn't really give way to me having my own gym :(

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I've thought about owning my own gym before! Not sure what I'd call it, but i wanted it somewhere near a beach. And the colors would be teal and lime green or teal and pink. The mascot would have to be something beachy :)

Yes! Dynasty Cheer and Dance Company, purple, gold and black. Every single routine starts with a snazzy v/o about the 'royal family.'I probably wouldn't have a mascot as such, but if one of the teams developed one that's fine. I would love to teach at least one team, and hopefully choreograph for a couple. I got some team names too: Hip-hop: Dynasty WarriorsPom: Dynasty PowerJazz: Dynasty ReignSenior All-girl: Dynasty QueensHighest level cheer team: Dynasty EmpireI also have Tribe and Clan. I've put a lot of thought into this dream...

off topic but the title made it seems like there was gyms being given away left right and center, which reminded me of dane cook and made me silently say "YOU get a cheer gym, and YOU get a cheer gym, everybody gets a cheer gym!!!!" which made me giggle... probably a little too much..

Owning my own gym is part of my life plan! I want to major in sports management in college, work for varsity for a few years while coaching as well, and eventually open my own gym. Cheerleading is my true passion in life. I've contemplated other career options but I am truly happy with the direction I'm taking. Some may say I'm crazy but I don't care! Oh, and I'm not giving away my future gym/theme because its unique and as far as I know not used yet ;)

I used to own my own gym....and I'm glad i'm "just a coach" again.
It was crazy!
maybe in the future when I have some people working for me on which I can depend and whom I can trust, I'll open my own gym again, but now it was too much hussle and solving stupid problems.

But the gym i'm coaching now is giving me lots of responsibilities and I'm voted as a board member for upcoming season, so I guess i'm still not "just a coach".

I used to own my own gym....and I'm glad i'm "just a coach" again.
It was crazy!
maybe in the future when I have some people working for me on which I can depend and whom I can trust, I'll open my own gym again, but now it was too much hussle and solving stupid problems.

But the gym i'm coaching now is giving me lots of responsibilities and I'm voted as a board member for upcoming season, so I guess i'm still not "just a coach".
Yeah, I've realized that as much fun as it seems, owning a gym and having to solve problems and doing the work I don't want to do is just not in my future. Oh well, medical school, here I come. I think I think about my future too much for a 12 year old.

This may not be the right place to ask but I'm going to school for business with the ultimate goal of owning my own business, which I want to be a cheer gym. Which concentration of business would be most helpful for me to major/ minor in? Thanks in advance.

Yes! Dynasty Cheer and Dance Company, purple, gold and black. Every single routine starts with a snazzy v/o about the 'royal family.'I probably wouldn't have a mascot as such, but if one of the teams developed one that's fine. I would love to teach at least one team, and hopefully choreograph for a couple. I got some team names too: Hip-hop: Dynasty WarriorsPom: Dynasty PowerJazz: Dynasty ReignSenior All-girl: Dynasty QueensHighest level cheer team: Dynasty EmpireI also have Tribe and Clan. I've put a lot of thought into this dream...

There's a Dynasty Cheer in Canada whose colours are purple black and white (I'm pretty sure that's their colours!). Not sure they have team names though

There's a Dynasty Cheer in Canada whose colours are purple black and white (I'm pretty sure that's their colours!). Not sure they have team names though
They're team names are based on dragons (for whatever reason), platinum dragons was supposed to be an IO team, there's also like ruby, guardian, black and so on

As I've pretty much slapped anywhere I can around here, I'm in the process of starting my own program. It's not really starting my own gym per say, as I'm being hosted by a gymnastics club so I pay rent to them and they help me along etc. But oh man we're not even fully open for business yet and everything is a whole lotta stress! We've to get a large number of people trained up to coach as its incredibly difficult to find people in Ireland with All Star qualification..then insurance, renting the times we actually want, advertising, graphic design for logos.. it's a real hoot.. :confused: (Yeah also, on that topic, anyone do graphic design for fun/cheap...we need a logo made..)

Anyway, as it stands, and there doesn't seem to be any copyright issues..

They gym/program is going to be called Leinster Legacy.

Team name themes will be weather themed with our first team being called Leinster Legacy: Blue Storm and looking to expand with another two teams possibly called Downpour and Dust Devils (but I'll probably be back to the boards looking for more inspiration when I get there!)

Gym colours are to be Blue, gold and white. Also if anyone knows anywhere that makes nice, very affordable practice wear that ships cheaply to Europe please mail me.. Parents here don't want to pay much more that €30 and I'm tearing my hair out here.. Just getting enough athletes together to form a team over here is a challenge..as far as I know there are no other programs in South Dublin but we have 20 or so gymnasts lined up to give it a go.

Haha I used to cheer for Cheer Dynasty in VA back in the day (06-07,10). Our colors were purple, black, gold and red. Was bought out in 2011 though.

This may not be the right place to ask but I'm going to school for business with the ultimate goal of owning my own business, which I want to be a cheer gym. Which concentration of business would be most helpful for me to major/ minor in? Thanks in advance.

ACCOUNTING CLASSES ARE A MUST! If you have sports management, or any type of entrepreneur/management class available would be beneficial.

Your best thing to do though is to get some experience inside a gym working and seeing the day-to-day operations. Soak up all you can, from spotting tumbling, teaching stunts, cleaning the gym, the registration process for new kids, COLLECTING PAYMENT, developing PROFESSIONAL over personal relationships, and all the paperwork required to run the gym. Get in there ask questions, and ask to help anywhere you can. You might want to try different type gyms as well (internships) (large, small, cheer, gymnastics, dance, etc)

check out A.S.G.A. - Giving Gym Owners a Voice and there facebook page as well. Also the fierce connection videos you can watch are awesome as well!

I would major in management with a minor in finance if I want to open your own business =)

Latest posts

Back