All-Star Why Am I A Back Spot?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I was a back spot for almost every stunt I participated in for 7 years of all-star cheer and I loved every minute of it. Even when I got my teeth knocked out. :) You are the group leader, the safety net, the rock of the stunt. I truly believe that a back spot can make or break a stunt. You can fine tune any issues with body positions of bases and flyers as well as make big adjustments.

Embrace it and the responsibility you now hold. You may find you love it.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I have the same problem!!! I'm only 5'6 and the bases are taller than me. Not to mention that I'm the only guy on our team that backspots... and the second shortest :banghead:

So this year I'm some form of base/back spot unfortunately noone except the little kids (8 year olds) get to fly so it's my sister who's about 4"9 and this other girl who is about 5"1-5"2 and me who is 5"0 I don't get why I'm a back spot when I'm shorter than her? I guess I'm more caring about this since I really would rather base than back spot so if anyone could guess why that's be great!

I love being a backspot. To me its so rewarding. I have saved many flyers from face planting,I have at times almost one maned a flyer to save a stunt until bases have regrouped their hands, I have had my face sat on, my chest smooshed, more shoe hickies than I can count but at the end of the day, in 7 years I have never let my flyer touch, the floor , I will forever throw my body under my flyer even when others back out. If your coaches want you to back spot, there is probably a good reasoning behind their thoughts, you are probably strong, and they trust you. Each position is important like a well oiled machine, with out each one , it simply cannot work, but After all BACK SPOTS are the quaterbacks of the stunt group :p

Being a back spot is so fun! I liked it a lot. But then suddenly i was the shortest, so basing now :p

But not everyone can fly, can't fly without any bases!

I read the title as, " Why am I a black spot" and I was like what on earth are they taking about... what's a black spot?

Don't think I haven't told more than a few people when they asked "Which one is yours?" that she's the black backspot...except that's really had to say quickly, and it comes out "blackspot."

I was a back spot because I'm strong and I'm a control freak. It was my favorite. I've based, but I hate it, and I tried coed flying once but I nearly clipped the guy. Ergo, back spot for me!

I was a 5 foot 1 backspot for a season, and I loved it. It was my favorite stunt position! I loved the control and responsibility I had of the stunt group. I've been a flyer (didn't go so well haha) and mostly I've been a base, but backspot was my favorite, and something I succeeded at. Maybe your coach think you will succeed there, even being short!

I was a back spot because I'm strong and I'm a control freak. It was my favorite. I've based, but I hate it, and I tried coed flying once but I nearly clipped the guy. Ergo, back spot for me!
Same :D I like to have control over the stunt so I only main or back... Secondary makes me nervous but I can do it if I have to

Back