Why Can't Ohio Schools Stunt????

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 27, 2013
I was wondering why Ohio schools are not allowed to stunt when it seems like every other state can. At my city's high school they do not stunt for sideline or competitive cheer. Is their a law or something? I was interested if any other states were like this? Just curious.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I would definitely be afraid! Lol I just discovered all star cheer a year ago. That is how I found out about stunting.

I'm just teasing because I really don't know. If I had to bet, I would say a cheerleader got hurt and this was the fix instead of trying to enforce rules and teach safety.

I'm just teasing because I really don't know. If I had to bet, I would say a cheerleader got hurt and this was the fix instead of trying to enforce rules and teach safety.
Oh I know! Haha I figured that might be the reason why. I was wondering about possible liability issues. I wish they would realize with the right coaches and technique that it is a really safe sport. I mean if it works for all of these other states there's got to be a way. At least I have all star cheer now.

This is why Mobile Country in Alabama is ground bound. Someone got hurt over 20 years ago and sued the school system.

This is why Mobile Country in Alabama is ground bound. Someone got hurt over 20 years ago and sued the school system.

Exactly what happened to my district many years ago. No schools in our district are allowed to compete or do basket tosses, because the girl broke her leg or something being dropped in a basket toss

Exactly what happened to my district many years ago. No schools in our district are allowed to compete or do basket tosses, because the girl broke her leg or something being dropped in a basket toss

bahaha same!

as a matter of fact certain FORMATIONS are illegal in my county. for middle school that is.

bahaha same!

as a matter of fact certain FORMATIONS are illegal in my county. for middle school that is.

It's so stupid, like our freshman team last year was pulling body positions in Libs and we weren't allowed to do any tosses even if it was a straight ride. We're also not allowed to jump on the hard floor inside my school without mats because it can hurt you.. Which makes no sense because in fall were on the track and in winter were on the same hard floor without mats

Back