All-Star Why Do Results Take So Long To Post?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 27, 2010
Why can't competitions post there results right away? They have everything on computer. It seems unessacary to wait days or even longer to post them on there website! Besides torturing us is there a legitimate reason why they wait?

1. Not all arenas have internet access for the event staff to use.
2. After awards the staff is busy packing up everything. Your contract time is up at the site at midnight, so you have to have EVERYTHING out, or you are fined as per the contract.
3. Most event staff has to travel home. Events end on Sunday. They want to go home, see their families and get to bed (remember, they were working the entire weekend and have to go in to the office Monday morning). They usually have to fly home or drive an hour or more.
4. Monday morning they arrive at their office and have to get everything re-set for the next weekend. Trucks usually leave Weds or Thurs, depending on where they need to go. Sometimes they even leave the arena Sunday and drive straight to the next arena, depending on locations. These events are a logistical nightmare.

So, there are a lot of other things (that are more important to the business's bottom line) that take priority to posting results online. Sorry, but it is what it is.

Not having internet access it makes sense. Surprising that they wouldn't, but taking that into account does explain it.
Thank you.

I always think it's funny that they can get Day 1 results up in about 30 minutes time but it takes WEEKS to get up Day 2. I mean, I understand why, just a little funky.

I doubt most event staff are driving home after midnight, and all competition host hotels have internet access. My suggestion is to send either the head tabulator or one person back to the hotel and upload the results right after awards.

Because they know Fierceboarders will be tweeting, texting, and posting and it'll be here before they can get it online so why bother!

I doubt most event staff are driving home after midnight, and all competition host hotels have internet access. My suggestion is to send either the head tabulator or one person back to the hotel and upload the results right after awards.

We actually are driving straight home, or flying out. The contract with the venue expires at midnight, and there are HIGH fines for going over our time. Depending on what time the awards are over, it can be well after midnight by the time everyone arrives home. Staff needs to be in the office first thing Monday morning to handle any calls about that weekends event and to prepare for the coming weekend's event. Also, EPs don't like to shell out the thousands it would cost for another night of hotels for all of the staff involved.

If they really wanted to it's probably possible, but I doubt posting final results ranks very high on their list of priorities Sunday night.

I think at least one person on staff could work on getting final results up in a more timely fashion.

We actually are driving straight home, or flying out. The contract with the venue expires at midnight, and there are HIGH fines for going over our time. Depending on what time the awards are over, it can be well after midnight by the time everyone arrives home. Staff needs to be in the office first thing Monday morning to handle any calls about that weekends event and to prepare for the coming weekend's event. Also, EPs don't like to shell out the thousands it would cost for another night of hotels for all of the staff involved.

HAHA I just saw your sig...love it.

Back