Why Do You Cheer Rec?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 4, 2012
For some people it's the money, for others the time, then there is always those few who actually like cheering at football games. Why do you cheer Rec and not allstar?
I cheered rec due to the lack of solid AS teams growing up and I liked to do other sports as well.

I cheered rec when I first started cheering because I would be cheering for my brother. When we moved to Florida I cheered rec because that's what I knew and it was through the same program my brother was playing football for. I cheered for them for 2 years before I discovered all stars.

When I started cheering I was already 12 years old, and I used to go to the field to watch my brother play football. Sports have never been my thing, so I saw the cheerleaders practicing and it just seemed really easy...hahaha, so I finally gave in and signed up the following season.

We were the worst team in the league the first year I cheered, but the next year I came back for some unknown reason and we ended up getting new coaches that actually took us to a choreographer for our routine and completely turned the entire program around. We went from last place the year before to first the year later and I guess going to nationals and the feeling of competing just stuck with me.

I cheered in high school for one year but I always went and helped out the Pop Warner team that I used to be on. Coaching has always kind of been what I wanted to do, so I coached Pop Warner from the time I was 14, but seriously started when I was 16...stuck with them up until last year because it was really all I knew.

This year I branched off and started my own youth competitive program under AYC. I just like the middle ground of not being quite as intense as all stars, but still being competitive.

Back