All-Star Why Does This Continue To Happen?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I hope there is some legal resource these parents can take to go after the gym owner.

So this story is verified and legit? Unfortunately, I have a hard time donating to any GoFundMe after the last two I donated to were reported as scams and the money I donated did not make it to the cause nor was I refunded by GoFundMe. The GoFundMe I am speaking of are not Cheer related but one created by my high school friend and another a military friend. So I am hesitant to donate again via GoFundMe.

This is the GA location, GymTyme GA. I do know they were at Spirit of Hope in Jan. I remember seeing their uniforms and liking them. I just checked the results and the GA location did indeed place. They were also on the schedule originally for a 1 day comp with NCA here last weekend. They pulled out of that one (as did we due to injury).

The newscast stated that he took over the gym in May and that he has 3 locations. I wonder if the other locations are effected?

I just looked and they were at the 1st 2 comps on their schedule (a Cheersport and an All Star Challenge event). So somehow they were able to get into those but not sure what is going on going forward.

Last edited:
So this story is verified and legit? Unfortunately, I have a hard time donating to any GoFundMe after the last two I donated to were reported as scams and the money I donated did not make it to the cause nor was I refunded by GoFundMe. The GoFundMe I am speaking of are not Cheer related but one created by my high school friend and another a military friend. So I am hesitant to donate again via GoFundMe.

It's legit. I watched the story this morning. The gym owner refused to go on camera but said on the phone "it's due to unpaid fees". I have a hard time believing that $18,000 went unpaid all season. Someone spent that money.

It's legit. I watched the story this morning. The gym owner refused to go on camera but said on the phone "it's due to unpaid fees". I have a hard time believing that $18,000 went unpaid all season. Someone spent that money.
refused to go on camera? wut???:confused:

Yes. It is legit. Yes these athletes and families are victims of fraud. He owns other gyms in Illinois. One of the IL gyms has a special needs team that earned a world's bid. I hope that this jerk doesn't screw it up for those kids too. I hope that the parents utilize every legal tool available and hold this con artist accountable.

Yes. It is legit. Yes these athletes and families are victims of fraud. He owns other gyms in Illinois. One of the IL gyms has a special needs team that earned a world's bid. I hope that this jerk doesn't screw it up for those kids too. I hope that the parents utilize every legal tool available and hold this con artist accountable.
Is this just for that location or could he be lying to another location?

This is the GA location, GymTyme GA. I do know they were at Spirit of Hope in Jan. I remember seeing their uniforms and liking them. I just checked the results and the GA location did indeed place. They were also on the schedule originally for a 1 day comp with NCA here last weekend. They pulled out of that one (as did we due to injury).

The newscast stated that he took over the gym in May and that he has 3 locations. I wonder if the other locations are effected?

I just looked and they were at the 1st 2 comps on their schedule (a Cheersport and an All Star Challenge event). So somehow they were able to get into those but not sure what is going on going forward.

Yes the article said none of his gyms were registered.

So sad, and it is terrible for the families. And if they do raise the $ do they have to give it to him to register at Cheersport? I'd be scared to trust him with the $!!!

Is he making them fundraise the whole amount?

Feels like the parents should have recourse through USASF... but I don't know if they do?

Law enforcement should also be involved.

And while I seriously doubt that this is indeed about unpaid fees, it is a good reminder... throughout my years in cheer there has always been at least one parent who didn't pay, owners generally had to pay the costs of hemselves if they wanted them on the team. ( and frankly, almost none have been kicked off). There's not enough $ in a typical cheer gym to absorb costs of missing payments.

One of the other gyms he owns in Illinois is also no longer on the Cheersport schedule, so it looks like it wasn't just this gym unfortunately.

Back