All-Star Why Does This Continue To Happen?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Has anyone been able to confirm this as true? @Rudags you are a coach there, is this just more cheer gossip or is this true?

Both of my daughters go to GTIL and this is true. We were sent an email from Craig a few weeks ago. However, things at GTIL are going very well and we are super excited for what's to come!

Both of my daughters go to GTIL and this is true. We were sent an email from Craig a few weeks ago. However, things at GTIL are going very well and we are super excited for what's to come!

Thank you for the answer, I hope GTIL has a great end to the season, and is around for years and years to come!
Does he still own Ultimate? We have a lot of friends there and we haven't heard anything like this about them.

Thank you for the answer, I hope GTIL has a great end to the season, and is around for years and years to come!
Does he still own Ultimate? We have a lot of friends there and we haven't heard anything like this about them.

Yes, as far as I know he does still own UA.

Wow sand bagging at its finest! GT Illinois took level 4 and 5 athletes and put them on their youth 2 team to get a summit bid. This is so disgusting. According to one of their athletes on the team they kicked off the girls that were bad and replaced them with level 4&5's so they can get a summit bid. While this might be legal it certainly isn't very moral and luckily so many parents from other gyms noticed and realize what a crappy gym this has become

Last edited:
Wow sand bagging at its finest! GT Illinois took level 4 and 5 athletes and put them on their youth 2 team to get a summit bid. This is so disgusting. According to one of their athletes on the team they kicked off the girls that were bad and replaced them with level 4&5's so they can get a summit bid. While this might be legal it certainly isn't very moral and luckily so many parents from other gyms noticed and realize what a crappy gym this has become

*Rolls Eyes* Why do you care so much about GTIL? It seems to be the only thread you really comment on. Not that its yours or anyones business, but here is the tea on that team. The gym didn't kick anyone off our Youth 2 team. Athletes who could attend/wanted to go to Summit came to the practice. We actually had several half year kids join that team half way through the season who had no interest in attending Summit. Majority of the Y2 team competing in Ohio was rostered as Y2 all year. That team was fairly successful most of the season, and we didn't want those kids who's season was going to end to be done, so GT found young enough athletes who were already attending the competition to fill in for this who couldn't attend. They're flyers on their respective teams and they learned how to base (ONE of my R5 flyers who has never based is basing). There is even one of our mini 1 girls on the team. We had 7 practices with this team. Never would have thought they'd be doing so well in the short amount of time.

And as far as your comment about "what a crappy gym this has become" - I take that personal. The staff at GT is amazing! I have been at well over 300+ different gyms across the county in my career and vibe of our staff and the momentum we have inside the gym is amazing! I came from a gym (was there 7 years) that I was very happy at and very close with the staff and athletes. I can tell you GTIL is great on the inside. Wes, DJ and the staff are amazing are your gossipy post is out of line, untrue and personally offensive.

37f24bea0d5c3774a17bdbb096369c0f_-toy-story-meme-meme-meme-gossip_600-327.jpeg

Last edited:
*Rolls Eyes* Why do you care so much about GTIL? It seems to be the only thread you really comment on. Not that its yours or anyones business, but here is the tea on that team. The gym didn't kick anyone off our Youth 2 team. Athletes who could attend/wanted to go to Summit came to the practice. We actually had several half year kids join that team half way through the season who had no interest in attending Summit. Majority of the Y2 team competing in Ohio was rostered as Y2 all year. That team was fairly successful most of the season, and we didn't want those kids who's season was going to end to be done, so GT found young enough athletes who were already attending the competition to fill in for this who couldn't attend. They're flyers on their respective teams and they learned how to base (ONE of my R5 flyers who has never based is basing). There is even one of our mini 1 girls on the team. We had 7 practices with this team. Never would have thought they'd be doing so well in the short amount of time.

And as far as your comment about "what a crappy gym this has become" - I take that personal. The staff at GT is amazing! I have been at well over 300+ different gyms across the county in my career and vibe of our staff and the momentum we have inside the gym is amazing! I came from a gym (was there 7 years) that I was very happy at and very close with the staff and athletes. I can tell you GTIL is great on the inside. Wes, DJ and the staff are amazing are your gossipy post is out of line, untrue and personally offensive.

37f24bea0d5c3774a17bdbb096369c0f_-toy-story-meme-meme-meme-gossip_600-327.jpeg
It's not gossip when that's what your parents and athletes are saying. A girl that wanted to go to summit was told that her season was over. Maybe the parent lied but when you put level 4 and 5 tumblers on a youth 2 against other true youth 2 teams it isn't fair. Maybe you need to find the squeaky leak in your gym. I heard with my own 2 ears from an athlete on that team that the weak girls were not allowed to compete. Not sure why an athletes on a level 5 team would even want to go to the summit on a youth 2 team

It's not gossip when that's what your parents and athletes are saying. A girl that wanted to go to summit was told that her season was over. Maybe the parent lied but when you put level 4 and 5 tumblers on a youth 2 against other true youth 2 teams it isn't fair. Maybe you need to find the squeaky leak in your gym. I heard with my own 2 ears from an athlete on that team that the weak girls were not allowed to compete. Not sure why an athletes on a level 5 team would even want to go to the summit on a youth 2 team

You just seem awfully eager posting "things you hear" about GT Illinois. This is the second time you've posted on this thread (and you've posted only a few times on the FB ever per a simple user name search) and the first time you posted something you heard it was so far from the truth it was ridiculous... so you just seem to have a hidden agenda. This will be my last response on the subject since I already stated facts about the situation above clearing up your gossip. Best of luck this season to you and your team.

Circulating rumors based off of word-of-mouth rather than facts is gossiping? No?

You just seem awfully eager posting "things you hear" about GT Illinois. This is the second time you've posted on this thread (and you've posted only a few times on the FB ever per a simple user name search) and the first time you posted something you heard it was so far from the truth it was ridiculous... so you just seem to have a hidden agenda. This will be my last response on the subject since I already stated facts about the situation above clearing up your gossip. Best of luck this season to you and your team.
I see you said this is your last post, but you could give us the facts. Do you have level 4 and 5 athletes on your youth 2 team? if so, how many of each? Normally this is something that is frowned upon on most threads but here, it seems you're being defended because of gossip. btw 95% of this board is gossip! makes me laugh.

I see you said this is your last post, but you could give us the facts. Do you have level 4 and 5 athletes on your youth 2 team? if so, how many of each? Normally this is something that is frowned upon on most threads but here, it seems you're being defended because of gossip. btw 95% of this board is gossip! makes me laugh.

If you read the page you would see ...

Definition of gossip: casual or unconstrained conversation or reports about other people, typically involving details that are not confirmed as being true.

Using Level 5 and Level 5 restricted athletes on a Youth 2 team does seem unfair, not from an age standpoint, but from a tumbling standpoint and ease of skills standpoint. In theory their tumbling is going to be much cleaner then a true level 2 youth athlete, and they are going to be able to complete high end difficulty passes with more power, technique and pass than a typical level 2 athlete. This alone could help raise a score from the majority range to the most range on standing and running tumbling. They are also going to be at the top range of the age grid for youth, which is an advantage even if the athletes had never based before.
All that being said, it is perfectly legal and ethical even if it doesn't seem fair, and learning a routine in 7 days is impressive for those athletes. As a coach @Rudags has a right to be proud of his athletes, just like as parents on this board we have a right to be proud of our CPs.
As for the gossip, if what is being said is true, then one of those parents should step forward and say something on here. I will say it wouldn't make a lot of sense for those parents to be in Ohio when their kids were no longer on the team. @Rudags has been very truthful thus far with us on this thread ,and I am inclined to given him the benefit of the doubt based on this past truthfulness.

Not necessarily about the team being discussed, but just in general:

Sorry, but no level 5 athletes should be on a level 2 team, except in an emergency. There needs to be some kind of rule about crossovers. It has gotten out of hand.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know they had (2) of my Restricted 5 athletes on their team. Both are flyers for me on R5 and based on Y2. I don't coach Y2 and was, unfortunately, not able to be in Ohio since it was a late addition to our schedule and I had judging gigs set up that weekend, but I believe our Youth 2 had 15 kids on it when I saw them in the gym last Wednesday (only saw 3 stunts in the air). If this post was about a gym that wasn't a gym I was at, I still wouldn't really see the issue. Also, if I was an owner of a gym (lord, hammercy) I would have done the same thing for this team (Open up an opportunity for anyone to join the team to go to Ohio) who had, I believe, 7 people leave the team after their last comp because they were half season kids not wanting to travel/do Summit. No one asked the kids to do it, they voluenteered. Everyone may not agree, but again, I don't see the big issue. Different strokes for different folks I guess. I just voice my opinions differently I suppose.

Back