All-Star Why Is Level 2 The Only Level That Twisting To A Body Position Not An Elite Skill?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 16, 2011
I tweeted this to varsity today....

@VarsityAllStar Why is a braced 1/4 to body position at L1, Full up to prep body position at L3, 1 1/2 up to Prep body position at L4, Full up to extended body position at R5, and 1 1/2 to extended body position at L5 all Elite Skills but 1/2 up to Prep body position ISN’T for L2

I’ve never understood why level 2 is the only level that the twisting to a body position isn’t considered an elite skill. Anyone have any insight on this?

Level 2's elite twisting skill is a half up to extension.
Yes I get that. But all the other levels have other twisting skills that are also considered elite. Level 2 is the only level that twisting to a body position isn’t included as one of the elite skills.

On the score sheet just posted, level 1 just says quarter up to prep, doesn’t specify one leg.

On the score sheet just posted, level 1 just says quarter up to prep, doesn’t specify one leg.
If you look on the level 1 other stunt section in the elite skill section you will see where it says brace 1/4 twisting to a leg stunt with a bracer.

Back