College Will Kentucky Be Barred From Competing In The 2021 Uca College Nationals?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Considering UCA and Disney actively promotes drunken college shenanigans at their after party, I’d say no. Sure you have to be 21 to buy the alcohol at the stands they have set up, but once it leaves that stand, it can be handed to anyone and it frequently was. I watched many cheerleaders get off tower of terror and throw up in the trash cans. That may have changed in the last 6 years but it definitely was the case last time I went.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Considering UCA and Disney actively promotes drunken college shenanigans at their after party, I’d say no. Sure you have to be 21 to buy the alcohol at the stands they have set up, but once it leaves that stand, it can be handed to anyone and it frequently was. I watched many cheerleaders get off tower of terror and throw up in the trash cans. That may have changed in the last 6 years but it definitely was the case last time I went.

This. UCA doesn't care. If they did, the post-competition block party wouldn't happen.

But should Kentucky be absent from next year's UCA College Nationals, then Division IA Coed will likely be a tossup between UCF and Alabama with Ohio State and South Florida dark horses. Thoughts?

i cant see it happening, cause well money. Kentucky i know has a large fan base that travels for that comp. I dont see UCA banning them, but UK might pull them from the comp, so i guess time will tell.

But should Kentucky be absent from next year's UCA College Nationals, then Division IA Coed will likely be a tossup between UCF and Alabama with Ohio State and South Florida dark horses. Thoughts?

It would be a toss up between schools anyway. Isn’t like Kentucky won in 2020 anyway.

I could see it being hard for a new coaching staff to come in this fall and feel comfortable trying to defend the UK legacy the first year. Especially if they are late at being able to do tryouts this season, so some of the kids who would have gone to UK have already committed to other programs. I know there seems to be a senior or two from our gym signing to a college team almost daily now. Even If they aren’t banned by the university, it may be a good move to sit out and rebuild.

Back