All-Star Winter Weather And Cheer Comps...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

They are now saying the NEMO will last until mid afternoon on saturday in Hartford with winds up to 60 mph. How are people going to be able to get to the convention center??

The State Police and towns have already started to make calls and put out into that they would like people to stay off the roads once the snow starts. If there is one thing that Connecticut isn't afraid to do is close the highways! I have never heard of a state closing the highways as much as I do now living in Connecticut. Also, if they plan on closing the roads, they tend to not get out and clear the roads as quickly. Please be careful everyone!

I would say that anyone who can, leave tonight or tomorrow morning! Even if you get a hotel outside of Hartford it would be easiest to get relatively close as soon as you can.

We're coming to Hartford tonight straight from the gym so we avoid having to travel in the snow tomorrow. Accu-weather is currently calling for it to start in Hartford at 7AM tomorrow and go until about 6AM on Saturday. All we've heard so far is that they MAY push the start time back. Does anyone have any snow dogs and a sled I can borrow to get my kid to the venue??? This is nuts!
Lucky you! I wish we could leave tonight, but with work & school, looks like we can't leave until tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully the roads won't close and everyone gets to Hartford safely!

Lucky you! I wish we could leave tonight, but with work & school, looks like we can't leave until tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully the roads won't close and everyone gets to Hartford safely!

With us all missing school and work next week for Cheersport, this couldn't have come at a worst time. I'll be sending texts back to my Storm Team Mom so she can share the current weather. I'll gladly share on here too. Better to be informed. Travel safe!

With us all missing school and work next week for Cheersport, this couldn't have come at a worst time. I'll be sending texts back to my Storm Team Mom so she can share the current weather. I'll gladly share on here too. Better to be informed. Travel safe!
Any updates would be appreciated! Thanks for sharing & travel safely!!!

When I was in 8th grade about 5 years ago, my middle school team was going to states and it was only a 45 minute drive, but my school cancelled our bus and we missed the entire competiton :( so heartbreaking.
Maine States were supposed to be this Saturday but the entire competition got moved to Monday at 4:30pm...If it was still Saturday we would probably miss the competition as our school also has a bad history of forgetting to assign us a bus and it would take so much longer to get there in the snow...

Maine States were supposed to be this Saturday but the entire competition got moved to Monday at 4:30pm...If it was still Saturday we would probably miss the competition as our school also has a bad history of forgetting to assign us a bus and it would take so much longer to get there in the snow...

Marshwood?

Are they combining all the classes on Monday?

No information on that has been given yet...If they don't, then I'll most likely be performing no earlier than 9pm...So I hope they do!

Just read on Facebook that all classes are going on Monday, not sure if they are going together. I hope they do, it'd make an amazing states as a spectator. I want to watch class A sooooo bad but my old team is in class c and they're eastern maine champs this year so it's going to be good. :)

Back