All-Star Winter Weather And Cheer Comps...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Finally Varsity posted something about Spirit Fest - For the safety of you, your athletes and families we have RESCHEDULED SpiritFestNationals for Mid-March. Exact Date 3PM EST Tomorrow

Just read on Facebook that all classes are going on Monday, not sure if they are going together. I hope they do, it'd make an amazing states as a spectator. I want to watch class A sooooo bad but my old team is in class c and they're eastern maine champs this year so it's going to be good. :)
I think they are doing C/D then A/B according what my coach said at practice today, at least its what she heard somehow is happening. Still don't know for sure. What's your team's name? I'll make sure to cheer them on! :) We are leaving Marshwood at like 11 so we will be there to watch them if C and D is first! My team won Western Class A Regionals (and Lewiston of course won East) so I'm nervous but also very excited!

I think they are doing C/D then A/B according what my coach said at practice today, at least its what she heard somehow is happening. Still don't know for sure. What's your team's name? I'll make sure to cheer them on! :) We are leaving Marshwood at like 11 so we will be there to watch them if C and D is first! My team won Western Class A Regionals (and Lewiston of course won East) so I'm nervous but also very excited!

dexter! I graduated last year so I'm just a proud alumni :) I watched Marswhood and Lewiston on youtube, you guys are better. just sayin :)

They cancelled Spirit Fest in Hartford this weekend due to the weather :(
Based on the information I have been seeing on the news this is likely a good decision. The weather from PA heading North and East looks like it's going to be pretty bad and even though everyone would like to compete it is not worth the safety of everyone involved in the competition, from judges to athletes and spectators. Everyone enjoy a weekend off, have some hot chocolate and watch the snow from inside your warm home ;)

Based on the information I have been seeing on the news this is likely a good decision. The weather from PA heading North and East looks like it's going to be pretty bad and even though everyone would like to compete it is not worth the safety of everyone involved in the competition, from judges to athletes and spectators. Everyone enjoy a weekend off, have some hot chocolate and watch the snow from inside your warm home ;)

Yes I know it is the smart decision and I definitely don't think risking your life is worth competing! I'm more mad at mother nature than Spirit Fest :p

Wow...
We are in the 70s for the next week here in south texas!

I love the weather here because I could not deal with all that nonsense.

When we lived in Tennessee we would have usually at least 4-6 practices cancelled each season because of weather. (Keep in mind even a "little" snow or ice scares people in TN as they can't drive in it)
I understand its for people's safety but I can drive in it and it usually wasn't that bad.

I love living here, I don't think we will ever have practice cancelled for weather-
Heck were open on some holidays like 4th of July they don't cancel for nothing and I love it!

Everyone is having a cow about Spirit Fest on twitter! Kids who don't drive should not have such a huge opinion on the subject. Personally I would be petrified to be driving in those conditions. My school, which is notorious for staying open in snow, has already declared curtailed operations Friday through Sunday morning. This is not just a dusting.

i have a competition this weekend and i am so anxious and uncomfortable about it! its supposed to be one of the worst storm in years here. hopefully if it is extremely bad the people who run the competition will have the sense to cancel it instead of having people drive in the weather. wish us luck :(

Everyone is having a cow about Spirit Fest on twitter! Kids who don't drive should not have such a huge opinion on the subject. Personally I would be petrified to be driving in those conditions. My school, which is notorious for staying open in snow, has already declared curtailed operations Friday through Sunday morning. This is not just a dusting.
I agree but I do understand the kids looking forward to the competition. I get the feeling there will be a lot of parents who will be pulling their hair out this weekend because their CP's competition was cancelled and therefore they will be driving their Parents crazy.."I'm bored"...."There's nothing to do"

dexter! I graduated last year so I'm just a proud alumni :) I watched Marswhood and Lewiston on youtube, you guys are better. just sayin :)
Awesome, I'll be sure to catch them! Thank you so much! It will be very interesting to see how things turn out on Monday! Sadly, I feel like so many less people will be able to attend...

i'm glad they cancelled/postponed it. it's rare in this sport that an athlete's safety gets put first, so for once i'm glad someone took some initiative.

i'll be curious to see how the rescheduling goes, though. it's a bid comp, so very important to a lot of teams. but depending on what date the convention center will give them and when other bigs comps/holidays are, i wonder if they're be any big issues with teams not being able to attend? that would suck. and now i get why it's easier to not cancel cheer competitions.

I know my gym and newcheerdad and his gym have plenty of stories. Seems like we get the same winter storms every year the weekends we travel to compete against each other. Oy.

This is my daughter's fourth year of cheer. First three seasons, our gym bailed on at least one competition due to weather. This year we haven't missed one, but we still have two out-of-town comps to go. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

When we lived in Tennessee we would have usually at least 4-6 practices cancelled each season because of weather. (Keep in mind even a "little" snow or ice scares people in TN as they can't drive in it)
I understand its for people's safety but I can drive in it and it usually wasn't that bad.
That's how it is here too! Nobody knows how to drive... A little bit of snow and everyone is like "I bet we get a snow day!!" And I'm like "it isn't even sticking?" People will just not come to school because "the roads are too bad and their parents don't want to drive on them" when it's nothing!
Things don't get cancelled that often though, I think I've only not gone to 1 competition and maybe a couple practices bc of weather.

Back