All-Star Winter Weather And Cheer Comps...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I watch KatieMcLaughlin 's videos on YouTube and she talked about how at an outdoor competition they went to, it was raining and after a while the comp floor started to get wet. She said that after that, teams were just marking tumbling so that they wouldn't risk slipping. I thought that was interesting. Were you guys just scored on stunts? I watched the performance video and I saw a couple people slide a bit while just walking. I feel like it would be difficult in general to judge in that situation, like when would You give the benefit of the doubt and when would you know if it was a true mistake.its also sounds dangerous to even be stunting on a slippery mat. and quite frankly, I'd be PO'ed as a spectator if a I had to sit through a competition while it was raining and just watch teams mark through things. How did that work out for you guys?

its happening again right now! I know last night Wantagh and Clarke were looking into that exact same thing. Not sure what happened though.
One of the moms from my old team (whos in FL right now) told me about another WI team that missed their connecting flight in GA because their flight out of WI was delayed and then Disney lost their luggage but she said they think they found it but won't know tonight. I hope they were smart enough to bring their uniforms in their carry-ons like my old team always does!

Let me paint yall a little picture of what 12stepCheermom and I experience in NC...no school for this-
d016eeae619a11e2b52d22000a9f189b_7.jpg

and two hour delays for 2 days after...please note the puddles and .25 inches of snow (if even). Needless to say...competitions rarely get canceled here.

I remember a few years back when Jamfest Live was in Pittsburgh. We got one of our most memorable snow storms in recent history and teams were pulling out but they were still holding the competition. Then the city closed all buildings owned by the city so they had to cancel. Our team had pulled out, but some people had travelled for the competition then were stuck in Pittsburgh.

I will never forget that weekend. I was coaching for a gym in Ohio and three of our teams had come in the night before (I helped run the satellite location and we all had suggested to travel the night before and it was a close knit group of kids) out of the 17 teams scheduled to compete we ended up having three teams show up the next morning before they decided for safety reasons to cancel the competition. That was the day I swore I would never come back to Pittsburgh in the winter and now I've been living here for three years!

Let me paint yall a little picture of what 12stepCheermom and I experience in NC...no school for this-
d016eeae619a11e2b52d22000a9f189b_7.jpg

and two hour delays for 2 days after...please note the puddles and .25 inches of snow (if even). Needless to say...competitions rarely get canceled here.
Ahhhhhhh!!!!!! Run for your lives!!!!!! To get bread and milk?!?! As a transplanted Michigander in NC I will never get why milk and bread are apparent requirements for snow forecasts.

Ahhhhhhh!!!!!! Run for your lives!!!!!! To get bread and milk?!?! As a transplanted Michigander in NC I will never get why milk and bread are apparent requirements for snow forecasts.
And eggs...apparently everyone has the urge to make French toast when there is a big storm. My requirements were coffee, gluten-free beer and protein bars. The rest of the famjam can fend for themselves.

And eggs...apparently everyone has the urge to make French toast when there is a big storm. My requirements were coffee, gluten-free beer and protein bars. The rest of the famjam can fend for themselves.
hahaha i require sugar, flour, eggs, chocolate chips, butter, basically every ingredient ever used in baking. Every time we get a snow day I bake :D when we have a lot in a row, my mom makes me bring food to the neighbors so we don't all gain 50 points :oops:

I grew up in GA. (See above pictures..) they once cancelled my high school "because it was going to snow." Yeah... Not so much.

In 1993 we had a "blizzard." Six inches!!! I'm pretty sure we missed an entire week of school.

Now I live in Indiana, where a part of life in the winter is knowing when you drive to work/school in the AM that you should approach stop signs slowly on the back roads because they most likely haven't been plowed and you won't be stopping.

We haven't had a big snow this year though. We are "missing out" on the current one. :( ;)

So this is downtown toronto right now...
mypesu3a.jpg
madetu8e.jpg

And I would like to add I hate everybody who lives in California and I would like to move back because I can't deal with this snow
just to show yall what im dealing with.... we've gotten close to a foot and a half of snow since last night and it keeps on coming. last year we only had a slight dusting. also canadians its winter, please for the love of god get snow tires. i have seen one to many people fishtailing tonight

Latest posts

Back