All-Star Winter Weather And Cheer Comps...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

541660_326179507503649_426363668_n.jpg

We were supposed to compete in Philadelphia competition cancelled. We got 1 inch lol. Better safe then sorry.

i'm glad they cancelled/postponed it. it's rare in this sport that an athlete's safety gets put first, so for once i'm glad someone took some initiative.

i'll be curious to see how the rescheduling goes, though. it's a bid comp, so very important to a lot of teams. but depending on what date the convention center will give them and when other bigs comps/holidays are, i wonder if they're be any big issues with teams not being able to attend? that would suck. and now i get why it's easier to not cancel cheer competitions.

Spirit Fest also always uses World's Judges on at least one of the panels (since bid-eligible teams are scored on the actual World's scoresheet). Fun times trying to re-book them, too!

I watch KatieMcLaughlin 's videos on YouTube and she talked about how at an outdoor competition they went to, it was raining and after a while the comp floor started to get wet. She said that after that, teams were just marking tumbling so that they wouldn't risk slipping. I thought that was interesting. Were you guys just scored on stunts? I watched the performance video and I saw a couple people slide a bit while just walking. I feel like it would be difficult in general to judge in that situation, like when would You give the benefit of the doubt and when would you know if it was a true mistake.its also sounds dangerous to even be stunting on a slippery mat. and quite frankly, I'd be PO'ed as a spectator if a I had to sit through a competition while it was raining and just watch teams mark through things. How did that work out for you guys?
The judges just totally took tumbling out of the equation and scored the rest of the routine (stunts, jumps, overall choreography, etc) the rest of the teams in the division didn't tumble either so it was fair and the same judging! We still ended up winning but didn't really care because we were so over being out in the cold rain all day haha no one was really in a good mood that day!

The judges just totally took tumbling out of the equation and scored the rest of the routine (stunts, jumps, overall choreography, etc) the rest of the teams in the division didn't tumble either so it was fair and the same judging! We still ended up winning but didn't really care because we were so over being out in the cold rain all day haha no one was really in a good mood that day!
What competition was this? That sounds horrible..

i also think its a little unsafe to be stunting! flyers running around wet mats=wet shoes, wet shoes+stunting= bad news

Hey, there's a snowstorm coming through Nebraska and Iowa on Thursday/Friday, and we have a cheer competition in Council Bluffs this weekend. Still a chance our streak of cancellations may continue! :)

Back