College Without An Acl

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 22, 2012
i just retore my acl and ive heard some suggestions that i should skip the surgery and just wear a brace, but ive never heard of a cheerleader doing it only other sports. is there any chance i could ever cheer in college without an acl?

I am pretty sure Jess Betar, her senior year at worlds competed with a donjoy style hinged brace and a torn acl, has surgery afterwards, and then went to school.. i dont know her personally so I could be wrong, but I believe thats what was on the boards at the time

One of my former teammates cheers without an ACL in college. She's not allowed to to tumble though, so she's lucky she's an amazing 6 foot tall backspot.

i just retore my acl and ive heard some suggestions that i should skip the surgery and just wear a brace, but ive never heard of a cheerleader doing it only other sports. is there any chance i could ever cheer in college without an acl?
I wouldn't come to these boards for medical advice. Read this article and talk with your doctor and a physical therapist.

Torn ACL May Heal Without Surgery

If your going to skip surgery, you should be doing physical therapy to get it to heal and restore to a level of health that will allow you to cheer.

I know we arent doctors here, but my surgeon also had no idea what he was talking about when it came to cheering and tumbling, so im just looking for an additional two cents but thanx. Ive seen two doctors now, and am trying to find a third, but i also have nothing better to do with my time right now lol

I know we arent doctors here, but my surgeon also had no idea what he was talking about when it came to cheering and tumbling, so im just looking for an additional two cents but thanx. Ive seen two doctors now, and am trying to find a third, but i also have nothing better to do with my time right now lol

"Always tell them you are a gymnast if you are injured"

That is the best piece of advice I ever got on the Fierce Board. When my daughter had a concussion her pediatrician released her ONE WEEK after because he was under the impression it was all rah-rah and pom-poms. You tumble like a gymnast, get yourself treated like one.

Latest posts

Back