All-Star Worlds 2013 Finals On Monday?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

They are not adding an extra day. The allstar divisions are just competing Sat to Mon instead of Fri to Sun. If you read the message above they are talking about prelim rounds and extra venue space. That is not when the over crowding was.

You are correct. What I meant was that there would now be 4 days at their disposal for scheduling instead of 3.

What State has their scholastic testing "always on Fridays"? Not our state!

I mean it's neither here nor there, but that is a silly "reason" behind this change. The athletes who don't live in Florida or a nearby state are still going to have to fly in...likely missing that "always on Friday" testing regardless! Many West Coast teams will likely fly out Thursday to give enough time to acclimate to the time change, especially any teams who have to compete in the Prelims. Those who have to fly will also miss Tuesday now as well as that will be the day they fly home. So...let's hope none of those pesky schools have "always on Thursday" "always on Friday" "always on Monday" or "always on Tuesday" testing!!!

That is true. I am sure dates are in the contract. They could always move the weekends around. And i am sure a company could purchase the contractual venue from USASF. But who knows. Only 2 more years of this i guess isn't awful.

It won't be awful unless they renew it again. LOL

That's a question I've never seen asked. Ok we're in until after 2014......is there a "focus group" discussing alternate plans for Worlds in 2015 when they are free of the Disney contract??

I wonder how Disney World feels about this, and if they had any say in the matter since they have the contract with the USASF. I still feel like this will cause WDW to lose money, something the Mouse isn't too keen on.

It won't be awful unless they renew it again. LOL

That's a question I've never seen asked. Ok we're in until after 2014......is there a "focus group" discussing alternate plans for Worlds in 2015 when they are free of the Disney contract??

Great question!!

I doubt it is being discussed because a renewal of the contract is assumed.

But realistically if the contract is not being renewed, the process of finding a new location should hopefully be well underway (HA!).

Great question!!

I doubt it is being discussed because a renewal of the contract is assumed.

But realistically if the contract is not being renewed, the process of finding a new location should hopefully be well underway (HA!).

Dreamers can dream I guess. LMAO

Dreamers can dream I guess. LMAO

I am dreaming! :).

But for some reason, I don't see worlds leaving Disney for a long time. (I don't even have a horse in this race at least for a long time...but I would live to see worlds in a place that isn't limited to a certain size.)

I am dreaming! :).

But for some reason, I don't see worlds leaving Disney for a long time. (I don't even have a horse in this race at least for a long time...but I would live to see worlds in a place that isn't limited to a certain size.)

Then we're back to the fact that no matter what they do or how they split the division's up........selling unlimited tickets to a venue that can't hold them will keep the same problem happening year after year after year.

Or REALLY out of the box thinking...why not move Worlds to the summer when most everyone is out if school? (and probably not at Disney then.)

Why was the end of April originally chosen for Worlds Weekend?
Disney in the summer? There is a reason only foreigners go then. IT IS TOO HOT!

Latest posts

Back