All-Star Worlds 2013 Finals On Monday?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I have a better idea- let's get schools/colleges/work cancelled from the Tuesday before to the Thursday after, and nothing will be missed!

Kidding obviously. I think USASF knows that the following Monday is when most athletes and their families choose to leave, so in a sense it would decrease the number of people in the venue on that day. But, that won't help with the crowds on Saturday or Sunday!

Why would people leave on Monday if that is when finals are to be held. Maybe a casual observer that drove to Orlando. How many people could that be? The last day had the crowding issues.

Here is my thought, I'm not against using Monday, AT ALL. BUT I feel it should be SWITCHED. I think USASF Worlds should be Friday, Saturday, Sunday and ICU should be Monday. What's wrong with that? They said the issue had NOTHING to do with the overcrowding, it had to do with athletes that were on ICU teams AND All-Star teams. I know this is a CRAZY idea, but how about make an athlete choose one or the other? Are there ANY other divisions at World's were double teaming is allowed?

Let me add, I am 1,000% against shifting the yearly season schedule. As a coach, if competition season is in the summer, you just eliminated half my income. So please, NO!

Here is my thought, I'm not against using Monday, AT ALL. BUT I feel it should be SWITCHED. I think USASF Worlds should be Friday, Saturday, Sunday and ICU should be Monday. What's wrong with that? They said the issue had NOTHING to do with the overcrowding, it had to do with athletes that were on ICU teams AND All-Star teams. I know this is a CRAZY idea, but how about make an athlete choose one or the other? Are there ANY other divisions at World's were double teaming is allowed?

Let me add, I am 1,000% against shifting the yearly season schedule. As a coach, if competition season is in the summer, you just eliminated half my income. So please, NO!

How many athletes were actually double teaming that it requires a shift in the schedule for everyone?

How many athletes were actually double teaming that it requires a shift in the schedule for everyone?
I'm not sure. I say IF you're going to let them double team, let em do it on Monday. Most International teams are in town for a while anyway.

Great idea!!!!!!

RU Kidding me, that's the reason why? How many athletes are we talking about? Just make them pick one or the other? No one should double team at Worlds.

Arent there more important issues to be discussed?

Great idea!!!!!!

RU Kidding me, that's the reason why? How many athletes are we talking about? Just make them pick one or the other? No one should double team at Worlds.

Arent there more important issues to be discussed?
I feel that there were tons of things discussed. This just happen to be one that got a lot more attention.

Twist and Shout Genesis went on a LONG time after they were scheduled because so many members of that team were on Team USA Coed and they had to perform again because of music issues. I actually think it held up the division because it took so long for them to get changed and ready to compete again.

ICU and Worlds were two different competitions. You're really going to tell athletes from Twist & Shout and GymTyme, some of the best college cheerleaders in the country that they can't do Team USA, or have to be replaced in the routine they've done all year with their college team?

ICU and Worlds were two different competitions. You're really going to tell athletes from Twist & Shout and GymTyme, some of the best college cheerleaders in the country that they can't do Team USA, or have to be replaced in the routine they've done all year with their college team?
I'm not saying anything against the best cheerleaders in the country. I'm saying that if it a few athletes affect the schedule negatively for the entire rest of the country then YES, they need to choose. I love T & S, Gym Tyme and any other gyms this might have affect. But do I care more that World's continues to be successful, yes. So I offer TWO solutions to this "issue" #1 ICU be held on Monday, OR #2 No crossovers. Either solution allows for WORLD'S to continue to be held Fri, Sat, Sun.

I'm not saying anything against the best cheerleaders in the country. I'm saying that if it a few athletes affect the schedule negatively for the entire rest of the country then YES, they need to choose. I love T & S, Gym Tyme and any other gyms this might have affect. But do I care more that World's continues to be successful, yes. So I offer TWO solutions to this "issue" #1 ICU be held on Monday, OR #2 No crossovers. Either solution allows for WORLD'S to continue to be held Fri, Sat, Sun.

Another option would be to separate the events to different weekends and different locations. Let the ICU travel to different parts of the world, let the IASF Worlds travel to different parts of the US.

While we are at it, Dance Worlds should be a different weekend from Cheer Worlds. MANY athletes want to do both.

Another option would be to separate the events to different weekends and different locations. Let the ICU travel to different parts of the world, let the IASF Worlds travel to different parts of the US.

While we are at it, Dance Worlds should be a different weekend from Cheer Worlds. MANY athletes want to do both.
I support this as well!

I clearly need to start plotting how I will be able to watch finals on the live stream from my office on Monday.....

....do you think all the wild screaming when someone hits will be audible through my door? Perhaps the "glitter flu" is setting in (I'm told it's a 24 hour virus that is distantly related to the "blue flu") and I'll need to stay home that day to protect my coworkers from physical distress....

....hmmmmm......

I support this as well!

I shimmy'ed this so hard I think a tore a rotator cuff.

The contract with Disney is essentially putting a huge damper on the growth of the event and the sport. We have at least 2 more years of deliberately setting up the schedule to discourage as many fans as possible from attending. It is what it is, but that is unfortunate.
Suppose no one who came to Worlds went to Mickey's park? No additional ticket sales, no in park restaurant, concession, souvenier sales. Would Disney still want to see the current Worlds contract out to the end? Essentially, I think we pay them with our tourist money to hold Worlds to a contract that doesn't work for the event or the sport as a whole.

Back