All-Star Worlds 2013 Finals On Monday?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Suppose no one who came to Worlds went to Mickey's park? No additional ticket sales, no in park restaurant, concession, souvenier sales. Would Disney still want to see the current Worlds contract out to the end? Essentially, I think we pay them with our tourist money to hold Worlds to a contract that doesn't work for the event or the sport as a whole.

They would probably allow the contract to be broken, but they would still charge the USASF to break that contract (they want $$$$$). If they had to pay to get out of that contract then that takes away money that could be put into getting a new venue. Legally and financially I think they may be stuck. I could be completely wrong but I think I remember someone saying on here that they are still paying off the loan that was used to start the USASF, if that is the case then I would think they wouldn't have the money to break the contract and get a new one without borrowing more money. Again this could be wrong and I am just going off of what I remember being posted on here a while back.

Moving Worlds to Monday not the answer. What is the answer would be to eliminate the over-18 divisions and make this a true under-18 all-star tournament where the primary divisions are.

Moving Worlds to Monday not the answer. What is the answer would be to eliminate the over-18 divisions and make this a true under-18 all-star tournament where the primary divisions are.
and then you lose a lot of international teams and then why should it even been considered worlds?

How many international teams competed in the regular senior divisions this year? Maybe BlueCat or kingston knows?

And since this venue is awful why are we being asked to use it at another event, this summit thing so beyond frustrating!!!

I like this idea.

Drop the title Worlds -- and just make it A END ALL LEVEL 5 National Championship.

So that eliminates the teams from other countries and it would be no different then NCA so why hold the competition at all? The top teams in the International division have just as much of a right to be there as the teams who place at the bottom of their division and don't make it past day 1.

Another option would be to separate the events to different weekends and different locations. Let the ICU travel to different parts of the world, let the IASF Worlds travel to different parts of the US.

While we are at it, Dance Worlds should be a different weekend from Cheer Worlds. MANY athletes want to do both.
I want them to be separeted, but on the other hand I don't want them to be. Over-sea teams already pay an extreme amount of money to go to Worlds and I don't think those teams would be able to go to both events (many teams do now).

Our Worlds trip was 10 days. We have people from the ages of 16 to 26 and everyone just had to adjust. When you know about it months before it IS possible to schedule around it. All 30 people on my team made it work.

But I like the idea of having Allstar Worlds first and then ICU.

Just a handful. Maybe a few Canadian teams in small senior.

Of the 80 athletes on Team Canada about 60 of them were on all-star teams (mostly in International Divisions, though a couple in Medium Coed). There are some teams especially from South America that compete at ICU and IASF with no change in personnel. It makes it much easier and cheaper for teams to have both of these events back to back in one location. That being said, I feel the ICU competition should move around the World 100%.

OIMHO the problem with overcrowding at the Milkhouse is due in very large part to serious cheer fans. Those people who are there at the crack of dawn year after year to get 'their' seat and who are NOT going to be dissuaded from sitting there all day no matter what USASF tries.
I'm not calling anyone BTW. I'm proud that this sport has such devoted, knowledgeable and committed fans (I'm one too). But until USASF realizes that it's not just an athlete issue or a parent issue, this problem will never get solved.
If you've been at the opening of the Milkhouse for worlds you know what I'm talking about. A very high percentage of people who sit down at 7am are still in those very spots at 7pm. Which, again, is awesome. But ejecting the folks in the priority viewing section doesn't 'move' those people. Putting awards on the moon won't move those fans. Pretty much nothing will move them.
So, either USASF needs to claim whole seating sections and/or the whole back half of the Milkhouse as priority seating and move people through and out after every team, or there will never be enough seats in that tiny venue.
Personally, I don't know what venue anywhere would really work. No matter where you go you will need multiple stages to accommodate every division. And some stage/venue will be hosting the 'hottest' divisions which means that stage/venture/stadium will be the most crowded no matter what you do... A venue large enough to accommodate everyone would be so big that you wouldn't really be able to see well, right?
ETA: and those fans aren't going to care if finals are on a Monday either. They're still coming and still staying in those seats LOL

Suggestion: Completely ditch the "VIP" area where event producers, choreographers, and others sit. This is prime spectating real estate that SHOULD be getting used for the ACTUAL VIPS in the sport - the families, friends, and fans of the teams performing. There are parents crawling all over themselves trying to see their sons/daughters while the best seats in the house are getting taken up by people who probably have more interest in being seen than seeing most of the teams. Put them in a room somewhere else and serve them caviar, champagne, or whatever else would make them happy while they watch a live feed on a TV.

Suggestion: Completely ditch the "VIP" area where event producers, choreographers, and others sit. This is prime spectating real estate that SHOULD be getting used for the ACTUAL VIPS in the sport - the families, friends, and fans of the teams performing. There are parents crawling all over themselves trying to see their sons/daughters while the best seats in the house are getting taken up by people who probably have more interest in being seen than seeing most of the teams. Put them in a room somewhere else and serve them caviar, champagne, or whatever else would make them happy while they watch a live feed on a TV.
Not a SOLUTION to this issue, but they did discuss pushing back the judges stand to make more room. Not sure if they are doing this AND eliminating VIP though.

fullpass they DO recognize that the spectators, not just participants and their families are a HUGE part of the event. They mentioned there were 20,000 that came to worlds just to be spectators. With that being said, it blows my mind they want to "change" days that are working? Fri-Sun with all-stars, Mon ICU just makes more sense to me. There are discussions of ways to make the venue more accommodating. With an addition of the tent for awards I think will help.

I agree with much of what is being said, I was in Doral, one big thing I took away was "don't talk about it, be about it" meaning don't just come on the boards and complain, make your complaint KNOWN to those that can make a difference. If you HATE the Monday competition, please, please, please e-mail the crap out of the USASF and let them know. Other concerns please continue to e-mail.

I think the boards is a great place to compile information and discuss ideas but the boards do NOT make the changes, so please contact the appropriate people (as well as the boards ;))!!!

I agree with much of what is being said, I was in Doral, one big thing I took away was "don't talk about it, be about it" meaning don't just come on the boards and complain, make your complaint KNOWN to those that can make a difference. If you HATE the Monday competition, please, please, please e-mail the crap out of the USASF and let them know. Other concerns please continue to e-mail.

I think the boards is a great place to compile information and discuss ideas but the boards do NOT make the changes, so please contact the appropriate people (as well as the boards ;))!!!

I agree with you that contacting the appropriate people can potentially make more difference than just posting on a message board.

However, many of the people involved in those decisions read these boards as well. This is a great focus-group and/or sounding board for many ideas. I wouldn't suggest that people stop posting here, just add in emailing the USASF to what they are already doing.

(That being said, don't just write in and say "I hate moving to Monday, that is stupid." Put some thought into it and present your alternative ideas in a well-thought out manner.)

Back