All-Star Worlds 2013 Finals On Monday?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I still want to know the number of athletes this affects. What is the percentage? Why not make the smaller number go on Monday. Just because school is ending in one part of the country does not mean it is ending for others around this time. It is not because people do not like change, they do not like change that is not reasonable or affects their athlete negatively in their non cheer lives. Again what is the number?

i guarentee though that if they do move worlds to saturday sunday and monday that people WILL still go and work it out in their schedule. whether it stays the same or changes people will always have something to complain about. they CANT please everyone and every team that goes. next month usasf will tell us something else that theyve had in the works and people will complain about that too.

Ok there just was an article posted on the Fierceboard that stated that one of the reasons that they are moving to a Saturday to Monday schedule was that everyone's state scholastic testing is on Fridays. Their comment "always on Fridays". I know in California it is not that way testing is over several days. Depending on what year in high school there may be extra testing - an extra day. Actually for my daughter this year there was no testing on Fridays. The make up was difficult as it had to be done all in one day. I really wonder who these people talk to when basing their decisions on "input". Why don't they just say we made our decisions as we see fit and really do not need any input.

Ok there just was an article posted on the Fierceboard that stated that one of the reasons that they are moving to a Saturday to Monday schedule was that everyone's state scholastic testing is on Fridays. Their comment "always on Fridays". I know in California it is not that way testing is over several days. Depending on what year in high school there may be extra testing - an extra day. Actually for my daughter this year there was no testing on Fridays. The make up was difficult as it had to be done all in one day. I really wonder who these people talk to when basing their decisions on "input". Why don't they just say we made our decisions as we see fit and really do not need any input.

What that's article? In MA it's various days over the course of the week depending on what subjects you're doing.

I really wonder who these people talk to when basing their decisions on "input". Why don't they just say we made our decisions as we see fit and really do not need any input.

Probably another 'Focus Group." :rolleyes:

Why not move the ICU competition to coincide with The Summit. By the sounds of it, they are going to have plenty of spots to fill.

Reactions: DJ
This is something that's said every year. Just cut the number of bids down significantly. Yes some companies already have, but clearly that's not enough if they had to have awards on a baseball field...And if they don't do that, then there has to be a bigger venue. Or, do what most places do and stop selling tickets if there are no seats available. Do they really think that taking away Friday and putting Monday comp in will do the trick?

This is something that's said every year. Just cut the number of bids down significantly. Yes some companies already have, but clearly that's not enough if they had to have awards on a baseball field...And if they don't do that, then there has to be a bigger venue. Or, do what most places do and stop selling tickets if there are no seats available. Do they really think that taking away Friday and putting Monday comp in will do the trick?

It's been said a few times that they're not doing this to cut down on spectators. At least they're not publicly saying that.

"New days of 2013 Worlds competition and why:
April 27-29, 2013 (Sat, Sun & Mon)
Reasons:
- Do not want to be the same days as ICU …. because of the Team USA issues we had this year
- ICU / International “National Teams” growth may create a need for Jostens on Friday in 2013
- Will relieve kids needing to take their state’s Scholastic Testing (always on Fridays)
- Will now give us 2 venues on Day 1 (Saturday) for Prelim Rounds and US Worlds Trials, instead of just having Jostens

Thank you all!

Steve Peterson
VP – USASF Events & Corporate Alliance"

It's been said a few times that they're not doing this to cut down on spectators. At least they're not publicly saying that.

"New days of 2013 Worlds competition and why:
April 27-29, 2013 (Sat, Sun & Mon)
Reasons:
- Do not want to be the same days as ICU …. because of the Team USA issues we had this year
- ICU / International “National Teams” growth may create a need for Jostens on Friday in 2013
- Will relieve kids needing to take their state’s Scholastic Testing (always on Fridays)
- Will now give us 2 venues on Day 1 (Saturday) for Prelim Rounds and US Worlds Trials, instead of just having Jostens

Thank you all!

Steve Peterson
VP – USASF Events & Corporate Alliance"

Thanks! :)

Why not move the ICU competition to coincide with The Summit. By the sounds of it, they are going to have plenty of spots to fill.
Of course, because the amount of school international athletes have to miss regardless of whether worlds spans from Friday-Sunday/Saturday-Monday is totally irrelevant to a world competition. Most of them miss two weeks of school anyway to account for jet-lag and acclimation. Really, what's another week and an extra few thousand dollars when the cost for them to compete at worlds is more than the cost of an entire season for a US athlete.

Of course, because the amount of school international athletes have to miss regardless of whether worlds spans from Friday-Sunday/Saturday-Monday is totally irrelevant to a world competition. Most of them miss two weeks of school anyway to account for jet-lag and acclimation. Really, what's another week and an extra few thousand dollars when the cost for them to compete at worlds is more than the cost of an entire season for a US athlete.

I think the lack of sleep is getting to you. You need to go to bed ;)

I was hoping the added day would be used to space things out a little more in hopes of actually being able to watch your cp's team/ gym but your personal favorite divisions as well. Not to mention allowing everyone to have awards inside. Not on a baseball field or tent. The extra day was definitely needed to help avoid repeating the same situations from this past year. Especially if the amount of teams remains the same or continues to grow. I feel strongly that at Worlds you should be able to watch everyone. Not be running around trying to see teams like at any other large competition during the year.
As far as missing school. Every district has X amount of days you can miss. If you are not sick a lot or have family emergencies during the year you should have a few days to fall back on. The state type testing can be made up, I know "schools" tell you they can't but what if you were in the hospital or something? The only ones mine were ever required to make up were the ones that you had to pass to graduate or advance to the next grade. When one of my cp's was in middle school she missed them and never had to make them up because they weren't required to advance. In one of the high school grades she did have to make up one and there was a time scheduled for those who had missed it. I wouldn't have known this if I hadn't gone on the state education web site and done my own research. The unique situations where My Susie can't, has, is because of this and that would be a small percentage.
If missing for Worlds means you have to take exams because you missed a day or 2 then prepare and study. There's always going to be compromises, trade-offs, sacrifices and solutions to make situations work.
That doesn't mean that you are not taking education seriously. It means you are preparing ahead.

Latest posts

Back