All-Star Worlds 2019 Tentative Block Schedule

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It falls right around finals week for me :( I'll be keeping up in here
Same! I have a huge final Monday! Luckily for me I have a lot of time off before then with Easter and half weeks so I just need to prioritize studying before worlds so I don’t have to study as much that weekend and can at least watch some of the divisions! But I’m sure that final will fall right during teams I want to watch on Monday!!!

One of my friends from high school is getting married next Saturday, but I have planned it so I will be able to watch most of semi-finals and all of finals. Thank god.

I’m usually hardcore and book the Monday And Tuesday off work (got to love a good time difference) but I’ve been banned because I used some work holidays for Cheersport so I’m not even sure I’ll be splashing out on the feed this year...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worlds weekend schedule update:

I will still miss at least half of Saturday and Sunday morning but guess which staff member volunteered to finalize incoming grade 10 schedules (or at least START to finalize them, we have a few weeks for kids to pass/fail) on Monday instead of presentations?

Me. Because my office. By myself. With my laptop. I'll be working (and periodically having to call other counselors in or possibly pull a kid or 2 in) but I can have it on in the background. And very few people will talk to me!

Wait, why are some teams in prelims and others are in semi-finals?
Historically bigger divisions (Xsmall and small all girl and coed) have all the teams that got at-large bids have a prelim round. Top 10 then move on to semis.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Historically bigger divisions (Xsmall and small all girl and coed) have all the teams that got at-large bids have a prelim round. Top 10 then move on to semis.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Are there really only like seven teams in LAG? Is the small number because of limited bids or limited interest?

Are there really only like seven teams in LAG? Is the small number because of limited bids or limited interest?
Limited teams, that's a pretty typical number for that division (there was a year that only had 5 teams). All large senior 5 teams that competed during the season got a bid.

I was thinking that too. The same trend is reflected in HS. Small/med divisions are packed; SL way less so.
In the all star example, 20 great girls, 10 good girls, and 7-8 Ok ones on the same team get punished on the scoresheet compared to 20 great girls being on a small team (and 18 on a restricted or L4 team). I wish our systems didn't incentivize that as much, but I can't fault people for choosing the path that leads to higher scores.

In the all star example, 20 great girls, 10 good girls, and 7-8 Ok ones on the same team get punished on the scoresheet compared to 20 great girls being on a small team (and 18 on a restricted or L4 team). I wish our systems didn't incentivize that as much, but I can't fault people for choosing the path that leads to higher scores.

Totally get it. If you’re going to compete in a larger division, you’d better MEAN IT. There is no room in finals for 8/30 standing tucks. Everyone needs to carry their weight.

Back