All-Star Worlds Age Change???

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Isn't summit scoring just the Varsity scoresheet, which is used by 90% of events already?

(I made up the 90% number, but that's probably a decent guess)

Oh, I have no idea I was just referring to the comment BlueCat made about how EP's do not use the same scoring system/philosophy that WORLDS use I was just suggesting that maybe they "should" use the scoring formats from the two biggest events i.e. WORLDS and Summit across the board and throughout the season.

I just logged in to USASF to read the new age grid and changes...but it says "coming soon" in my profile...anybody know when they will be available to parents and athletes? I wanted to print out the level 4 changes for CP's tumbling coach..

Isn't summit scoring just the Varsity scoresheet, which is used by 90% of events already?

(I made up the 90% number, but that's probably a decent guess)

Summit is a Varsity event, so it uses the Varsity scoresheet. I don't know what the percentage of the event market Varsity has, but it is pretty high and growing every year.

I'm curious as to why there are no extra small divisions for international open teams ... does anyone have insight as to why not?

Personally I believe it would help international teams across the country. Even in the US Fielding a true open team (lv 5 or 6) is difficult if you're not "one of the greats."

I think you could really see the IO/IOC division boom if you allow XS divisions. And it would allow smaller teams to have a team full of college kids/adults (like how the division was originally created) and not add high school kiddos from senior teams just to meet numbers.

Just my thought.

I'm curious as to why there are no extra small divisions for international open teams ... does anyone have insight as to why not?

Personally I believe it would help international teams across the country. Even in the US Fielding a true open team (lv 5 or 6) is difficult if you're not "one of the greats."

I think you could really see the IO/IOC division boom if you allow XS divisions. And it would allow smaller teams to have a team full of college kids/adults (like how the division was originally created) and not add high school kiddos from senior teams just to meet numbers.

Just my thought.

There's no sizes for international divisions at all, it's all up to 24. They also just added a requirement this year for all international teams to have at least 16 people. I think it has something to do with the sport accord/FIG stuff.

There's no sizes for international divisions at all, it's all up to 24. They also just added a requirement this year for all international teams to have at least 16 people. I think it has something to do with the sport accord/FIG stuff.

The team of 16 comes in next year I think. We have a team of 6 or 7, I can't remember exactly, going for a bid this weekend in an international division

The team of 16 comes in next year I think. We have a team of 6 or 7, I can't remember exactly, going for a bid this weekend in an international division
Interesting, it is listed as being 16-24 in the Worlds packet.

Interesting, it is listed as being 16-24 in the Worlds packet.

They might not be enforcing it this year, at least for non-US teams. I spoke with a US team that said they got some sort of exception because they had less than 16 before the announcement was made.

They might not be enforcing it this year, at least for non-US teams. I spoke with a US team that said they got some sort of exception because they had less than 16 before the announcement was made.
Gotcha, that makes sense.

It is set in stone for now, but not sure if cheer is ever truly set in stone......................

The age change does seem to be staying.

Back