All-Star Worlds Age Change???

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I heard last week at UCA that they might change the age minimum again next year for senior 5, upping it to 14. Is there anything to that or is it just nervous chatter?

That seems to be the plan, gradually move Worlds Senior 5 to 14 and Senior to 12. I am very curious what will happen with the Open level 5 teams.

Personally, as a mom of a 12 year old who has a September birthday this Worlds age change is upsetting. Our gym is a small gym, and can't field a jr 5 team. So she is once again crushed because she has her double but won't be able to compete level 5 again. To me the only people this age change helps are the mega gyms. I honestly feel like those are who are helping to make all of these decisions only have the best interest of those gyms in mind, and not all the other gyms and athletes they are not looking out for. My child shouldn't have to leave the gym she's cheered at her whole life to compete as a level 5.

I also feel the same way about calling it D1 vs D2. It should be called Mega Gym and then a division for everyone else.

Personally, as a mom of a 12 year old who has a September birthday this Worlds age change is upsetting. Our gym is a small gym, and can't field a jr 5 team. So she is once again crushed because she has her double but won't be able to compete level 5 again. To me the only people this age change helps are the mega gyms. I honestly feel like those are who are helping to make all of these decisions only have the best interest of those gyms in mind, and not all the other gyms and athletes they are not looking out for. My child shouldn't have to leave the gym she's cheered at her whole life to compete as a level 5.

I also feel the same way about calling it D1 vs D2. It should be called Mega Gym and then a division for everyone else.

I am confused, would think the changes would make it easier to field a junior 5. Now kids have to stay on junior longer.

I am confused, would think the changes would make it easier to field a junior 5. Now kids have to stay on junior longer.[/QUOT

A lot of gyms do not have enough kids to field both a jr 5 and a worlds team

A lot of gyms do not have enough kids to field both a jr 5 and a worlds team. I don't post on here often so I usually mess up the quoting option

I agree, but this would help junior 5, not hurt junior 5. Honestly will make it harder for small gyms to field Worlds teams. They did create the X small Worlds teams to try to help some in this area.

I agree, but this would help junior 5, not hurt junior 5. Honestly will make it harder for small gyms to field Worlds teams. They did create the X small Worlds teams to try to help some in this area.

If you are at a gym with less than 100 athletes and you have 7 kids that are 12 with level true 5 skills and 7 over the age of 13 you can't have a J5 or a Worlds team. Even in the xsmall division neither team would be competitive.

It is difficult for small gyms to field level 5 teams. That has always been true. My point is the rule changes are not taking away from junior 5, they are actually adding to and making junior 5 teams stronger.

My daughter has been 5r the last two years Nd turns 12 on Wednesday! She was so excited to be age eligible for a worlds team next season...now she will be able to be on an open team before a senior 5 team. How does that make any flipping sense. And getting screwed two years in a year sucks. I feel your pain. So super annoying. But they forgot to ask my opinion...or any other parent that actually pays for cheer as far as I know. Lol.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Back