All-Star Worlds Athlete Substitutions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 18, 2011
Hypothetical situation for you guys.

A international team gets an unexpected bid to the 2015 worlds in April of 2014 (defer the bid for a year because 3 weeks is not enough time to get the funds together).

How many substitutions would we be allowed for Worlds 2015? Would we be allowed to add 6 more athletes and have the 10 substitutions, just 10 substitutions?

This is a situation we may (though unlikely) be encountering. We just want to be clear on what our next steps would be!

I don't think it should b deferred! Not fair at all. If you go to a comp in April you should be prepared to go or don't accept! We got a bid last year April and knew that we had to fork up the $ in 2 days or turn the bid away. We luckily got it in Jan. this year.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I don't think it should b deferred! Not fair at all. If you go to a comp in April you should be prepared to go or don't accept! We got a bid last year April and knew that we had to fork up the $ in 2 days or turn the bid away. We luckily got it in Jan. this year.

I believe International teams (true international teams from outside the US) are allowed to defer.

Our UK bids are always deferred. I've never known a gym go the same year. One of the biggest events giving worlds bids (and there are very few bids available in the uk) is usually the week before worlds, so it's a bit too close.

I would say there is literally only a handful of bids to go for in the uk, so I would contest that internationals should be treated differently

Hypothetical situation for you guys.

A international team gets an unexpected bid to the 2015 worlds in April of 2014 (defer the bid for a year because 3 weeks is not enough time to get the funds together).

How many substitutions would we be allowed for Worlds 2015? Would we be allowed to add 6 more athletes and have the 10 substitutions, just 10 substitutions?

This is a situation we may (though unlikely) be encountering. We just want to be clear on what our next steps would be!

You don't need to have anything unclear. You should contact Matt McDonough with IASF/USASF. His email is [email protected]

He can either answer (get it in writing) or get you to the right person.

We can tell you the USASF rules, but I'm not sure the IASF rules are the same. Definitely talk to someone official.

I think it's completely okay for an international team from outside of the US to defer the bid. It's not like they are giving out bids left, right and center over here. Plus it's way more expensive to go.

I think it's completely okay for an international team from outside of the US to defer the bid. It's not like they are giving out bids left, right and center over here. Plus it's way more expensive to go.

And it´s not like everyone has an passport and ESTA done just in case they will get a bid.

We are international. For sure not a US based team. That's why we have the option.

I get it for teams that are coming from long distances. But why from Canada? I'm not sure why you have the same option to defer. Using your location as an example (and not as a target on your program), your distance from Disney is probably less than an International team from the US who is based in Seattle.

I get it for teams that are coming from long distances. But why from Canada? I'm not sure why you have the same option to defer. Using your location as an example (and not as a target on your program), your distance from Disney is probably less than an International team from the US who is based in Seattle.

Because worlds was never on our radar. We didn't think we were going to be eligible for a bid at the one bid competition we are attending and it's a long shot even now that we're eligible.

Also- id assume we have the option because international was defined as outside the US. The question wasn't asked to cause a debate on why we can defer, that would be a USASF question ultimately.

But like the person above said, it's not like they just had to buy a plane ticket and go. International teams (even Canadian ones) need passports which take time to get.

Back