All-Star Worlds Bids

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

question about International Open US/Canadian Worlds trials - do all US/Canadian teams compete in this round or just those with AL bids?

All is
question about International Open US/Canadian Worlds trials - do all US/Canadian teams compete in this round or just those with AL bids?
All US international teams, AL and FP, compete Saturday and the top 10 compete with all International countries and 3 from each country move on to finals.

That's a shame, so in theory all of the A division could be better than the B division but many of B will still get through?

While theoretically possible, the chances of a random selection putting the best teams all on one side is unimaginably small. With 50 teams, 1 in a quadrillion-ish

The way that the Worlds scoring works, there really isn't any other choice but to do it this way, IMO.

Last edited:
While theoretically possible, the chances of a random selection putting the best teams all on one side is unimaginably small. With 50 teams, 1 in a quadrillion-ish

The way that the Worlds scoring works, there really isn't any other choice but to do it this way, IMO.
I agree, the chances of this are incredibly small but so are the chances of getting a completely even talent split. If there are different judges as well is one division likely to score marginally higher than the other and be affected in semi-finals?

I agree, the chances of this are incredibly small but so are the chances of getting a completely even talent split. If there are different judges as well is one division likely to score marginally higher than the other and be affected in semi-finals?

It's never a perfect split, and there's always one or two teams that you'll think "if they were in group A instead of B (or vice versa) they'd be moving on to semi-finals." In semis, they still perform in the first 20 spots and go before all of the paid bid teams so really different judging panels/scores don't make a difference. It's comparative and you're only as good as the teams you're competing against.

This also may sound harsh, but if Group A teams in 11th and 12th place are better than Group B 9th and 10th, yeah it sucks they don't get to move on and compete again in semi-finals, but the odds of them getting into semis and scoring high enough to get into the top 10 to move onto finals is minuscule at best (unless they had some catastrophe and all stunts fell down day 1 or something.) It's rare that I disagree with the ten teams moving on to Finals* and while I hate the scoresheet/lack thereof and don't always agree with the final rankings, I think this system does get the correct, true, top 10 teams into finals majority of the time.

*International divisions excluded because I'm never happy lol

Back