All-Star Worlds Day 3 Updates (finals Day)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Huge shout out to BowCat and the Outlaw Fugitives from Australia who finished 4th in the world in IOC5, only 5 points behind the 3rd place team. IO6 and IOC6 both had two international teams medal each.

I know we don't hear much about them going into worlds, but I agree that the cheer twitters need to give them some love as well.
Loved this team! Great uniforms, great performances, and an awesome save in the pyramid in Finals! Tons of fun to watch! There were MANY great international teams, and sadly, this is what the arenas looked like at the start of small senior/IO6 coed finals and IOC5 finals. They did get busier as the top teams went on, but neither venue was ever close to full, and I think USASF really needs to take a look at these pictures and come up with a new solution to the "overcrowding at Finals" problem.
2013-04-29_12-17-44_123-1.jpg
2013-04-29_14-02-06_610-1.jpg

WHAT!? Your kidding right? This is a rule that everyone knew and almost everyone followed. This was not the only team to have this deduction enforced. I'm an EV fan but I am also a fan of the rule. As a coach we were reminded time and time and time again. This is a rule for a reason. Last year I personally witnessed a coach run out onto the floor and tackle a kid and the kid was injured. Injured to the point were the medical staff had to come into the floor.

I will say that I truly hate it for the kids I really really do. But a rule is a rule, athletes and coaches must follow them. What if the coach put an illegal element in a routine? The team would get hit with the deduction by fault of the coach.

I'm glad the rule exists and I'm glad the USASF grew a pair and and enforced the rule. I wish they would do it more often.

I am STILL and always will be a HUGE EV and LL fan! I hate that it was them but I'm glad a rule was set and enforced.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I didn't say "run onto the floor and tackle a kid" lol.... All I said was when I'm excited, and I'm sure many other coaches do this as well, I often run to the floor to hug my kids after a performance. Not ON the floor, mind you, but I just don't see who it's hurting to allow kids and coaches to celebrate. Watching some of the Worlds videos from previous years, there are a lot of times when coaches and athletes have embraced on the floor, and even as a spectator I feel like that adds a bit of excitement and emotion to watching the event. As long as its not taking up time or impeding someone else's routine, there should never be any reason that a hug should equal a deduction IMO... Hopefully this won't be enforced at other comps next year, because I know my kids- specifically my J1- tend to jump all over the place when they hit lol

I didn't say "run onto the floor and tackle a kid" lol.... All I said was when I'm excited, and I'm sure many other coaches do this as well, I often run to the floor to hug my kids after a performance. Not ON the floor, mind you, but I just don't see who it's hurting to allow kids and coaches to celebrate. Watching some of the Worlds videos from previous years, there are a lot of times when coaches and athletes have embraced on the floor, and even as a spectator I feel like that adds a bit of excitement and emotion to watching the event. As long as its not taking up time or impeding someone else's routine, there should never be any reason that a hug should equal a deduction IMO... Hopefully this won't be enforced at other comps next year, because I know my kids- specifically my J1- tend to jump all over the place when they hit lol

They basically told us backstage we had 30 seconds. They weren't very strict about it and plenty of people still got to jump up and down, you just couldn't go tackle all of your teammates. It really wasn't a big deal.

So how do you make a rule that says "you can run to the edge of the floor, embrace for 45 seconds. Not longer. You can hug but not tackle. Only 2 coaches can walk onto the floor not 3. You can show excitement but don't drag it out too long?"

This rule was needed. It was starting to become out of control. Do I think majority of coaches have handled themselves correctly over the years, yes. Have there been extreme cases and have the number of extreme cases been growing, yes.

I think of it this way, think of Cheersport (as a coach) what happens? Team finishes, coach runs to the side to greet the team. Are they any less excited? Does it take anything away? No.

They basically told us backstage we had 30 seconds. They weren't very strict about it and plenty of people still got to jump up and down, you just couldn't go tackle all of your teammates. It really wasn't a big deal.

That seems absolutely reasonable, thank you for responding!!!! :)

So how do you make a rule that says "you can run to the edge of the floor, embrace for 45 seconds. Not longer. You can hug but not tackle. Only 2 coaches can walk onto the floor not 3. You can show excitement but don't drag it out too long?"

This rule was needed. It was starting to become out of control. Do I think majority of coaches have handled themselves correctly over the years, yes. Have there been extreme cases and have the number of extreme cases been growing, yes.

I think of it this way, think of Cheersport (as a coach) what happens? Team finishes, coach runs to the side to greet the team. Are they any less excited? Does it take anything away? No.

I think that's kind of my point.... It's a ridiculous thing to try and control. I see your point with Cheersport, and I agree, its the same.....but that still doesn't take into consideration what the kids do on stage. Know what I mean?

I think that's kind of my point.... It's a ridiculous thing to try and control. I see your point with Cheersport, and I agree, its the same.....but that still doesn't take into consideration what the kids do on stage. Know what I mean?

I hear you. I think at the end of the day the few spoiled it for the whole. My issue is pointing the finger and blaming the USASF for this one. I 100% support them on this one. I know the excitement and the "moment" is important but safety is too.

I hear you. I think at the end of the day the few spoiled it for the whole. My issue is pointing the finger and blaming the USASF for this one. I 100% support them on this one. I know the excitement and the "moment" is important but safety is too.

I just can't get over seeing the athletes just walk off stage, no excitement, no celebration. It makes me sad to watch. I hope they find a way to fix this rule.

I just can't get over seeing the athletes just walk off stage, no excitement, no celebration. It makes me sad to watch. I hope they find a way to fix this rule.
Every athlete I saw after they walked off stage and even when they met family and friends after watching the video seemed to be celebrating just fine. Chaos on the floor isn't the time or place.

Every athlete I saw after they walked off stage and even when they met family and friends after watching the video seemed to be celebrating just fine. Chaos on the floor isn't the time or place.

As a mom, one of my favorite parts of the performance is after they hit, watching them struggle to maintain their excitement and hold that final pose for the appropriate time then grabbing and hugging their teammate, base, flyer, whoever is closest. As a mom, seeing that excitement in your child is one of the best feelings in the world.

I do have to say that I do agree that it was sometimes TOO much. Laying on the mat, hugging, making a pile of cheerleaders, too much.

There is definately a happy medium and hopefully it can be found. :)

As a mom, one of my favorite parts of the performance is after they hit, watching them struggle to maintain their excitement and hold that final pose for the appropriate time then grabbing and hugging their teammate, base, flyer, whoever is closest. As a mom, seeing that excitement in your child is one of the best feelings in the world.

I do have to say that I do agree that it was sometimes TOO much. Laying on the mat, hugging, making a pile of cheerleaders, too much.

There is definately a happy medium and hopefully it can be found. :)
I wish there was a happy medium that could be respected and followed. It's those that take it too far that ruin it for the others

Loved this team! Great uniforms, great performances, and an awesome save in the pyramid in Finals! Tons of fun to watch! There were MANY great international teams, and sadly, this is what the arenas looked like at the start of small senior/IO6 coed finals and IOC5 finals. They did get busier as the top teams went on, but neither venue was ever close to full, and I think USASF really needs to take a look at these pictures and come up with a new solution to the "overcrowding at Finals" problem.

I was going to take a picture at Jostens too during IOC5! I was glad to see it eventually fill up as well, as I watched it from start to almost finish. But I found it disheartening to see these teams pay to come all this way to perform for a couple hundred people.

I know it was discussed previously, not sure if it was this thread or another. But for those who complain about cookie cutter routines, check out some of these IO teams. Yes many are not highly skilled, but they ARE entertaining. Off the top of my head, the Jamaican teams really stood out to me. Its fun to see their take on cheerleading. In a way I wish a lot of these teams would NOT try to mimic what US teams do with regards to music, and dance.

Also, for those lamenting about how they need their own separate division because US teams are so strong, I was absolutely impressed by many of the IO teams. Some aren't THAT far behind.

Back