All-Star Worlds Day 3 Updates (finals Day)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

BJCw2HECAAAVtm2.jpg

....Maybe for some people.

Everyone's been saying how you should be happy to compete and while I get that, when you're a team who consistently makes worlds and you hit the routine of your life, you hope it will be rewarded. While that might hold more true for teams who have a complex history of not making finals or whatever, if you're from any one of the main gyms in the country, you're shooting for gold. I'm sure when going to the Olympics for some capacity it's about the experience and representing the country, but Michael Phelps didn't stick around for the experience, he swam for Gold. I'm sure it's a similar thing for these teams..

I don't think you can hold it against kids - especially when they get so close to a title - to be disappointed when they don't win. Now that doesn't excuse poor sportsmanship or derogatory junk on social media, mind you. But I'm willing to give a 16-year-old kid a pass if they're not happy they finished second or third.

I don't think you can hold it against kids - especially when they get so close to a title - to be disappointed when they don't win. Now that doesn't excuse poor sportsmanship or derogatory junk on social media, mind you. But I'm willing to give a 16-year-old kid a pass if they're not happy they finished second or third.
To add, this is an immediate reaction. To them, they "lost" first, not won second or third. The immediate reaction is sadness for themselves. Unfortunately, they have cameras stuck in their faces when it happens.

Oh it doesn't, absolutely not, but telling Panthers (or anyone else) you should 'just be happy with second' is a bit much. It's not like they weren't going to make it to Worlds..

Huge typo! No I saw them, they were soooo good! So proud of them! Best level 5 team to represent the UK for sure!
My feed cut out right in the middle :( so annoyed but they looked great from what I saw :) I've never seen them at comp before so I was interested to see what they brought to Worlds :)

Back